Tampa, where you at?

chasechase 767 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
hello all, its been a while... Ive been living on the road for about the last two months with a new job and have landed in Tampa FL for the time being... So anyone know of anything popping off down here? I look in the phone book and come up with nothing for record spots, lots of thrifts but most that I have hit I come up pretty empty handed... please hook a struter up with the connect game if you would be so kind..

Comments

• reskresk 391 Posts
    tampa is horrible as far as record stores. looking for originals, in the city of tampa, your only hope is vinyl fever on henderson and theyre as wack as the one here in tallahassee

for new vinyl, assuming you buy any, check krushgrooves (www.krushgrooves.com) which is on point as far as new shit.

for older records you gotta hit outside the city and in the metro. theres spots in st pete, actually tons of records in st pete but defintely picked through so basically quanity is greater then quality. there not hard to find with a little searching. they got records for cheap, and records for loot in st pete, you can spend daaaaaaaaaays there once you find the spots

clearwater used to have two spots that could be on point but both them spots closed

fuck im hesitant as fuck to give up the st pete spots cause im needing to hit them up (and also told other people id keep them quiet til they check them out) but im sure where diggin for different shit regardless (i'll be there towards the end of the month)

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    I've been to Tampa numerous times in the past 5 years and I have always came off with at least something, but it takes some work. Most of the 'record stores' there are those shitty ones that arent open more than a year and consist mainly of raver gear, bongs, and one overpriced Numark mixer (look next to the glow sticks). However, these spots can sometimes proove to be fruitful since the owner will generally have to sell his personal collection to keep the business going (this happens everywhere though). Anyway, all of the real record stores in Tampa are all located in the yellow pages so you wont have any difficulty finding them. And check the pawn shops and flea markets too, there is a lot of both down there.

-k

oh, and fuck florida by the way.

• and fuck florida by the way.