Cassette Player Appreciation Complete W/ Pictures

ArtifactorArtifactor 887 Posts
edited July 2005 in Off Topic (NRR)
Who else still uses cassettes? I know a good amount of you still do. I can't turn my back on them. So many tape players are nice and have nice features. All these are broken . Well the radio works on all of these and I am currently looking for a nice working one. I wish the first one worked so badly it is so dope and full of features. I planned on taking it everywhere recording shit. Oh well. Anybody interested in it or know how to fix it. It keeps saying the battery is dead even with fresh batteries, might be because of the light corrosion .Here are pictures of a few I got:SO DOPE SO BROKENNICE AS WELL WITH A COUPLE NICE FEATURES

Comments

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Who else still uses cassettes?

Car. Nobody will break into your car for a cassette player anymore. Or tapes, for that matter.

• ArtifactorArtifactor 887 Posts

Car. Nobody will break into your car for a cassette player anymore. Or tapes, for that matter.

Forgot about the car. I meant who still uses tape players on the go?

That IS the go, fool! I got all sorts of tapes to listen to. How much more go can you get?

That IS the go, fool! I got all sorts of tapes to listen to. How much more go can you get?

FUCK. Ok who uses tape players on the bus or train or on the bike or on the scooter or on the feets. There...

FUCK. Ok who uses tape players on the bus or train or on the bike or on the scooter or on the feets. There...

Sheeeet, you never seen those bus/trolley things with the built in tape decks and overhead P.A.? Many a bus driver have rocked some hip hop.

Sheeeet, you never seen those bus/trolley things with the built in tape decks and overhead P.A.? Many a bus driver have rocked some hip hop.

HAHAHA Never seen it but sounds dope. HAHAH Why carry one in that case.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

mega-bass like WHOOOOAAAAAAAAA

• mimmim 44 Posts

Once in Sweden, i've seen a dude DJing (some boring trance music) with two tapedecks/walkmans. He even beatmatched. Used the tape hiss and clicking of the buttons too... Outside the old mine in a small town on far north. Midnight sun and all.. People were dancing. Funny experiment.

• JayGeeJayGee 313 Posts
    Cassets are the thing!
    Fuck all that Ipod mp3 junk... There's nothing
    like a good old mix tape.

• Options
    I have a lot of classic radio stuff on cassette which I would love to transfer to cd, or some better format. My current truck has a tape player in it but I doubt my next car will. Damn, even when I had a custom stereo put in my Impala a few years ago I asked the guy if I could get a tape player too and he just kind of looked at me funny.

I think ODub once posted up about a tape player thing that you could get to put into your computer tower.

• Once in Sweden, i've seen a dude DJing (some boring trance music) with two tapedecks/walkmans. He even beatmatched. Used the tape hiss and clicking of the buttons too... Outside the old mine in a small town on far north. Midnight sun and all.. People were dancing. Funny experiment.

is this the same dude that has that website and recently posted on here(I beleive.) He has his shit all rigged up like something crazy..pretty dope actually..now just get him rocking some cassingles instead of trance

• mimmim 44 Posts

is this the same dude that has that website and recently posted on here(I beleive.) He has his shit all rigged up like something crazy..

I don't know really, it was a festival with tons of shit, i was passing through and didn't catch the guys name. There was a lot of sick stuff. I hardly remember any names. As in my life, generally;) Except for the Xploding Plastix that kicked ass up there. Another performer had records thrown around on the dirty concrete floor and vinyl killer vans...
    Painful to look at.

...back to the cassetes, the only thing i miss about them or tapedecks is the cool noises they make when handled, ejected, taken out of their covers or put back, the way they rattle in your pocket or bag, that dry clinking sound of the hard plastic.

Anyone listened to 'Cassete Boy - The Parker Tapes'?

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    I used to trade mixtape SO FUCKING MUCH with people back in the day that I have to have a cassette deck in the car. Just yesterday I dusted off some old Melo-D mixtapes and Wake Up Shows.

• Art_FormArt_Form 188 Posts

mega-bass like WHOOOOAAAAAAAAA

That's a nice one! I had one like that once... wait a minute, THAT IS MINE!!! STOP THIEF!!!!!!!

• mimmim 44 Posts

...nice wallpaper and table-cloth combination too.

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

• pknypkny 549 Posts
    I think ODub once posted up about a tape player thing that you could get to put into your computer tower.

Check here for more info.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts

Indeed. MIM, was it at the Norberg Festival you saw the guy?

• mimmim 44 Posts

yes! but i don't think this is him. that guy had some 'proper' tapedecks, not these wooden homemade ones.. check out the jog wheel, wow! that works?? beautiful!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I once DJed a West Philly house party with 2 cassette decks. That shit was mad decent.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts

DAMN I need one of these. BAD. I have so many old school live hip hop joints, mixtapes, radio shows etc. from the 80's, this would be perfect for converting to digital. My damn computer doesn't have any room for me to install internally, though. Any idea if there's an external alternative out there anywhere? If not I may just have to get another computer, 'cause I really need one of these chumpies.

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts

...nice wallpaper and table-cloth combination too.

i'm going to buy that guy a cdj

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

I do, and I'm never giving up tapes.

• DIGGADIGGADIGGADIGGA 456 Posts
    well its the only way i can hear funky technician

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts

thank you. you just made my day.

That shit is sick. I do my tape transfers a different way. I connect an audio cable to my tape deck and run that cable to the input of the computer on the back. Tapes come out nice. Although a few I had to do directly from a portable tape player which came out kinda sssssss... Yo Soufriere which model Nakamichi is it. I have been wanting one for a good while.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    well its the only way i can hear funky technician

Word, I hear that - I rarely use cassettes anymore, but when I end up using a car that only has a tape deck or something, I get to hear a bunch of my old shit I haven't played in a minute. I have some dope old hip hop maxi-cassingles and raer roir punk joints, I still hold on to them, and it's definitely nice to dust 'em off sometimes!