D-Nice's True Hip Hop Stories.

Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
edited November 2007 in Strut Central
I like what hoLmes is doing these days:YZ Dres Unfortunately, some people turn their backs on the artists we grew up with and treat them as disposable (unless they're snappin' or trappin'). Personally I'm all about this "where are they know" factor.

Comments

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Whoa, I had no clue he was doing this blog. Thanks Herm!

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    Personally I'm all about this "where are they know" factor.

FYI the dude has been rocking parties in NYC as an in-demand DJ for the last few years now. Really cool, and always extremely pleasant every time we run into each other. Homeboy acts like I'm his favorite DJ every time he walks into one of my parties, and I know it's just not true, he is just that nice.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    These interviews are really extraordinarily well done, as are the photo journals. One of the most professional blogs I've ever come across.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Dope blog. Kid Rock and I were talking about D-Nice when Rock was here in town a couple weeks ago. Rock said that D is still one of his best friends and they talk all the time. Rock said "D-Nice is a DOPE DJ!" Rock then told me crazy stories of being on a tour with BDP/D-Nice, Too Short and Ice Cube back when Rock's first album dropped on Jive.

• Dope blog. Kid Rock and I were talking about D-Nice when Rock was here in town a couple weeks ago. Rock said that D is still one of his best friends and they talk all the time. Rock said "D-Nice is a DOPE DJ!" Rock then told me crazy stories of being on a tour with BDP/D-Nice, Too Short and Ice Cube back when Rock's first album dropped on Jive.

^^DJ DAZE HAS HIJACKED BIG CHAN'S ACCOUNT!!!^^

Dope blog. Kid Rock and I were talking about D-Nice when Rock was here in town a couple weeks ago. Rock said that D is still one of his best friends and they talk all the time. Rock said "D-Nice is a DOPE DJ!" Rock then told me crazy stories of being on a tour with BDP/D-Nice, Too Short and Ice Cube back when Rock's first album dropped on Jive.

LOL! That is funny Herm. How are things in the Southwest hommie?

• Dope blog. Kid Rock and I were talking about D-Nice when Rock was here in town a couple weeks ago. Rock said that D is still one of his best friends and they talk all the time. Rock said "D-Nice is a DOPE DJ!" Rock then told me crazy stories of being on a tour with BDP/D-Nice, Too Short and Ice Cube back when Rock's first album dropped on Jive.

Fantastic! We actually got a little bit of your rain the other day! Like 7 drops!

Fantastic! We actually got a little bit of your rain the other day! Like 7 drops!

We can send you more rain if you need it. We always have plenty of rain!

• yz...wow. i dont even want to say "elder" statesman...what a thorough individual. wish he would have kept on going, expounding on life

• Whoa, I had no clue he was doing this blog. Thanks Herm!

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    Yeah I've been up on his blog for a minute now. I just started a new Friday night and I actually have some backing on it so, I think I just might bring D Nice out to play. I heard he is really dope. Has anyone ever seen q-tip dj? I heard he is nice as well.

• Yeah, D-Nice is the shit...really glad to see dude is still doing his thing and hasnt dropped off the face of the earth like so many other rappers from that era. I really enjoy his blog. If anyone happens to have any DJ sets from dude for download..post em up! I'd like to hear one.

As a matter of fact..I am interested in hearing any rappers DJ set. What other rappers(older or new) currently dj on the regular? Do dudes like Finesse ever play records out anywhere?

• Large Pro played in NY a while ago... I didnt go though.

Dress

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    I used to play with D-Nice in NY at NA (now Plumm). He was using CDJs at the time although we were trying to get him on to SSL. Back then he was nothing special to write about, but he has presence, plays good songs... maybe now? Probably better.

• you guys should find the post about him talking to his dad for the first time in years. Great post.