Recent obscure finds -- I want your reviews

MikeZeroMikeZero 215 Posts
edited July 2005 in Strut Central
I like to dig and I like to share. Here are some recent obscure finds (obscure to me anyway). Check out the samples and tell me what you think (good or bad). Sorry for not having full tracks, but I don't have enough server space. Day Star "Slewfoot" (partial sample) Day Star "Joyful Noise" (partial audio sample) Xian private circa 1978(?) -- the group is all white. Hardcore "Hardcore By Hardcore" (partial audio sample) A rap/hip hop 12" single I posted about earlier in the week. Circa 1987(?)...from Arizona (?!?!)...production credits include Ice Cube. Salty Miller "Reach Out" (partial audio sample) Back cover photos make this look like some sorta Jimmy Buffett thing, but this guy definitely has the boogie butt! From 1980. NIU Jazz Ensemble "Hip Pickles" (partial audio sample) College stage/jazz album from 1978. Dig this version of the Blood Sweat & Tears tune. Great album cover! MURPHY'S "On and On" (short audio sample) Dumb "family" show/lounge group (parents/daughters) with funny overdubbed live audience going wild. Check out the intro to this Mayfield tune...might make a good sample/loop...Anybody else want to post some obcure/unknown items?

Comments

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Man, thanks for sharing and everything.....But those are all pretty hilariously bad records.

Good for a laugh anyways.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

thanks dude. i love this shit.

those are great. bad meaning bad and bad meaning good all at once.

that cover is retarded.

• blaqsoulblaqsoul 61 Posts

MURPHY'S "On and On" (short audio sample)

Dumb "family" show/lounge group (parents/daughters) with funny overdubbed live audience going wild. Check out the intro to this Mayfield tune...might make a good sample/loop...

Curious to hear the whole track now, any chance you might put it up?