whats the best record you got in the last month?

GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
edited January 2018 in Strut Central
I don't give a fuck how much it cost.

I don't give a fuck how much folks other than you liked it

All I igve a fuck is how much you liked it and why

for me: The True Reflection "Where I'm Coming From" (Atco) - Great sweet soul with slight psych overtones and that angry yet lovable type sound (a La the impressions and Modulations). Highly reccomended. I thnk something else that grabs me about this album is the ill ass cover photo and the fact I had never even heard about it before picking it up.

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

I only got like half a dozen records in the past month, though...

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

man but thats one hell of a record. only seen one copy of it and dude wanted like $50 for it. Maybe I shoulda done it, but I know I can find it for much cheaper

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    courtesy of Drewn:

man but thats one hell of a record. only seen one copy of it and dude wanted like $50 for it. Maybe I shoulda done it, but I know I can find it for much cheaper

I don't really know what the going rate on it is--I gave up a little less than $50 in trade.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    courtesy of Drewn:

damn Drewn is sending everyone heat. E.Kendricks to Asprin you got that Bratz, I think its time I go knocking on dudes cyber door (no ayo)

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    That Southside Movement is killer. Worth 50 but you could probably find it for 35 or so if you are persistent.

I'd have to say The Earth Disciples "getaway train" on solid state is maybe my fave from the last month.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• ademurademur 33 Posts
    Southside Movement has dropped in price now, goes for a tenner UK now and again on ebay.

Thats a good lp. Alot of solid 70's funky soul lps are pretty reasonable at the moment compared to a couple of years ago.

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    The Exits - You Got To Have Money

(SS mix inspired purchaese)

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts
    courtesy of Drewn:

i hope that was a double, why the hell would he let that go?

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts

and

ed townsend - for your love

• KARLITOKARLITO 991 Posts
    Television "Marque Moon"

courtesy of Drewn:

damn Drewn is sending everyone head.

AYE YO[/b]

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts

Now THAT.......!

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    probably Archie Shepp-The Way Ahead coutesy of Aschrock. shit is just mega-ill

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    Crying 45 - Ed Townsend
    You Don't Know How Glad I Am 45- Nancy Wilson - holleee shit! don't let me wear this one out because i can't stop listening to it!

Now THAT....... must've done serious damage to the parents' credit card!

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts

thanks neal.

• MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
    Well maybe last month but these are two records in my only crate of records...

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    whoa. is that bird? i never really paid any attention to her music cuz she had that stupid afro but she looking all kinds of kawaii.

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

don't laugh... this shit was the best $.99 i ever spent.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

don't laugh... this shit was the best $.99 i ever spent.

I wanna hear this shit

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    heard that Barbara Dane the other night, nice record.

• MoogManMoogMan Sao Paulo, Brazil 1,173 Posts
    I haven??t had too much luck on the field lately.
    I??d say this is the highlight of the pile:

I didn??t have any expectation on this one and then

Peace

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Probably more like best record I got in the last year. Scorcher!

• lotuslandlotusland 740 Posts
    lp/ steve marshall lp on reynolds "do what you will"- got it from a friend, knew two songs off of it already, shis nice to have the long player.

12/ nimbiss "paradise" fullscope / fuck, a total mystery to me. i have been waiting for this bitch for 2 years now. i love it because it is a cover of jewel's paradise.

45/ aggression "tag" sri i've had this for 1 year now and just this month decided the CRIB THAT SHIT. 16 minute long bit of demi afrofunk from virginia. alphaaudio baby.

a good month, now i just need neville c to hook me up with a backlash lp!!!!!!!!!!!! cmon homie i know you can do it!!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

saw this on the Amoeba wall yesterday for $345. I know a bunch of these have been popping up as of late so I'ma just sit back and watch the prices drop and pounce when I feel like it

• Pistol_PetePistol_Pete 1,289 Posts

saw this on the Amoeba wall yesterday for $345. I know a bunch of these have been popping up as of late so I'ma just sit back and watch the prices drop and pounce when I feel like it

damn...Amoeba in LA is so random..they have heat on the wall and then they have chain reaction for like $70 or something.