DJ Shadow psych mix...

bass_feverbass_fever 974 Posts
edited October 2007 in Strut Central
does anyone know where to find a tracklisting? Please

Comments

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    A quick google search turned up a partial list. I don't know how accurate it is:

Track 1:
    0.00 : Alexis Korner - Sunrise
    0.43 : Frank Zappa - The Return Of The Son Of Monster Magnet (excerpt)
    4.25 : The Listening - Stones Is

Track 2:
    0.05 : Sugar Creek - Memory Tree
    2.35 : Sample: "This planet has become..."
    3.09 : American Zoo - What Am I
    4.57 : Unknown Artist - Unknown Title Lyrics: "You cannot disguise the hate in your eyes"
    5.54 : Sample: "This could be today.."
    6.03 : Azitis - From This Place
    9.18 : Unknown Artist - Unknown Title Lyrics: "listen, a new world is comin??"

Track 3:
    2.19 : Hunger! - Tryin??To Make The Best
    4.07 : Unknown Artist - Unknown Title (the one with an nice organ)

• Yes! Thank you!!!

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    The very last track is still an unknown to me, the one with the lyrics, "Sometimes I wonder Where I'm Going..."

• I'd really love to get a AEIOU II tracklist.

Was there ever any threads about that back in the days when it came out? I tried searching through google once but got nothing.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    The very last track is still an unknown to me, the one with the lyrics, "Sometimes I wonder Where I'm Going..."

That's my favorite unknown song ever.

I was listening to this tonight and the "I'm just a star on a democratic flag" line had me thinking that maybe the record is from the lone star state. Just a thought.

It is really amazing that with the pool of record knowledge here no one has given this one up yet. Surely someone knows and isn't telling...or its some ridiculous unreleased acetate (EDIT: obviously sitting in obscure_addict's balleur collection)...in which case, it needs to see the light of day.

• Where can I download this mix?

• OkemOkem 4,617 Posts
    Where can I download this mix?

The internet!

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    0.00 : Alexis Korner - Sunrise

Yeah, Korner is singing, but the track is from a CCS album:

I haven't heard that Shadow psych mix in a long time. I wasn't really that into it. Maybe I need to revisit.

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    Yeah, Korner is singing, but the track is from a CCS album

which is also fairly easy to find.

I'd really love to get a AEIOU II tracklist.

this probably wouldnt be hard on soulstrut. i know my fair share of whats on that mix.

this probably wouldnt be hard on soulstrut. i know my fair share of whats on that mix.

get one cracking then ---- i'll add what ever i recognise once ive listened to the badboy again...

there's millions i don't know but would like to find out on there.

i would like some

get one cracking then ---- i'll add what ever i recognise once ive listened to the badboy again...

there's millions i don't know but would like to find out on there.

i would like some

Okay, I'm about to start it. Dont' let me down dudes.

• hobo_dhobo_d 331 Posts
    anyone got a link for download?

• maybe i missed this mix when it came out. last mix i have from josh is that thing he did with Obey...i was just listening to that the other day and I couldn't remember (although it was mentioned here a while ago) what that trucker track was with the chorus that went "call her naaame" then he mixed it into that banner track.
    any help plaese?

maybe i missed this mix when it came out. last mix i have from josh is that thing he did with Obey...i was just listening to that the other day and I couldn't remember (although it was mentioned here a while ago) what that trucker track was with the chorus that went "call her naaame" then he mixed it into that banner track.
    any help plaese?

That's Dennis the Fox. Dope break, I really want a copy.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    anyone got a link for download?

surriously people. i haint even never heard of this mix before. late pass for the curious!

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    maybe i missed this mix when it came out. last mix i have from josh is that thing he did with Obey...i was just listening to that the other day and I couldn't remember (although it was mentioned here a while ago) what that trucker track was with the chorus that went "call her naaame" then he mixed it into that banner track.
    any help plaese?

• maybe i missed this mix when it came out. last mix i have from josh is that thing he did with Obey...i was just listening to that the other day and I couldn't remember (although it was mentioned here a while ago) what that trucker track was with the chorus that went "call her naaame" then he mixed it into that banner track.
    any help plaese?

ahh thanks. yeah those drums are bonkers.

Anyone have an MP3?