Cal Tjader "Sounds Out Burt Bacharach" LP

Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
This is a very dope LP, IMO. I had listen to it, front to back, Sunday morning and realized this some fly shit. Who agrees with me?

Comments

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    This is a very dope LP, IMO. I had listen to it, front to back, Sunday morning and realized this some fly shit. Who agrees with me?

I think he has 3 on Skye Solar Heat, Plugs In and Sounds Out Burt. They might just be his most satisfying lps.

Dan

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

I think he has 3 on Skye Solar Heat, Plugs In and Sounds Out Burt. They might just be his most satisfying lps.

Dan

His best stuff. That "Sounds Out" is smoking.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Aqua Dulce is my favorite.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

"Say A Little Prayer" is the track on that LP. HOT! Those handclaps are on fire!

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    all 3 skye ones are nice. i prefer plugs in. stein. .

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    What's the name of his album with the hot sauce on the cover? Is that a nice album as well?

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    What's the name of his album with the hot sauce on the cover? Is that a nice album as well?

I like them all. The old Fantasy ones have some nice Cuban stuff on them. Is that one called Tabasco? I think it has a strong Latin feel. Truth be told most don't stand out, just nice Latin flavored jazz with Vibes. The one called Amazones is real nice.

Dan

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    I have a lot of his LP's, but this is the one that I've let slide. If I found it for less than $5 I might get it, but I've only seen it a few times for over $10. Plus, I have a couple 45's off it so I'm good.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

Soul Sauce

• What's the name of his album with the hot sauce on the cover? Is that a nice album as well?

Soul Sauce

And yes...it is a good album...*

*Guachi Guaro!!![/b]