Fav NES games....NRR

ehuffmanehuffman 302 Posts
edited June 2005 in Off Topic (NRR)

Comments

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts

Rygar was out of hand. Didn't make any sense but had weird historical leanings.... like roman mythology on acid. One of those games like bionic commando you can't stop playing even though it's hard as fugg, then you give up and look in the nintendo power you were trying not to read cuz you could beat it "for real this time". I used to have dreams about that freaky weapon he had, the flame yoyo dealie.

• castlevania, zelda, ice hockey, .... so many classics

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

• slavinslavin 577 Posts

david fulcher was the best safety in this game. no question.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    It's official. This thread did it. Nostalgia overload. I'm buying a NES next time I come across a used one for cheap.

• Contra
    Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!
    Castlevania
    Super Mario Bros 2

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Besides Excitebike, this was my favorite:

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

im getting giddy just looking at that power pad...

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

Rygar was out of hand. Didn't make any sense but had weird historical leanings.... like roman mythology on acid. One of those games like bionic commando you can't stop playing even though it's hard as fugg, then you give up and look in the nintendo power you were trying not to read cuz you could beat it "for real this time". I used to have dreams about that freaky weapon he had, the flame yoyo dealie.

Rygar, lick it good

It's official. This thread did it. Nostalgia overload. I'm buying a NES next time I come across a used one for cheap.

• ehuffmanehuffman 302 Posts
    anyone other than me have the Gyrobot that came with the NES as a package for Christmas or launch. It spun these little tops and dropped them on the control pad
    and in the game it opened gates and doors and shit, cant remember the game and cant find a picture of the robot.

• dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts
    Guys can't forget Paperboy with the breakdancer obstacle.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

If you got an xbox you can just get it modded and get the roms for like every single NES game ever and run them, they only take up like 20 megs or some shit...total.

If you got an xbox you can just get it modded and get the roms for like every single NES game ever and run them, they only take up like 20 megs or some shit...total.

...i dont have an Xbox

• slavinslavin 577 Posts

• merlemerle 39 Posts
    anyone else see this?

...i dont have an Xbox

get one, get it modded and put a hard drive in it and then have the person that does the mod put in every NES SNES and N64 game ever on it for you, they'll charge you like an extra $25 or something.

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts

no doubt! never caught on to the whole Madden shit or any of those games that require a magazine subscription in order to play them. My video football career ended in 89, back when it was all so simple.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

Go get an emulator then look online for some ROMs. Every game you'd ever want and more is out there you just have to look around.

Here are some you can run on windows. I even got one for my PocketPC because I wanted to play Mike Tyson's Punch Out on it.

http://www.romnation.net/srv/emulators/nes.html

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    anyone other than me have the Gyrobot that came with the NES as a package for Christmas or launch. It spun these little tops and dropped them on the control pad
    and in the game it opened gates and doors and shit, cant remember the game and cant find a picture of the robot.

the game was gyromite. i almost bought one of these at the flea market the other day but i was concerned it was missing parts.

and take that xbox emulation shit somewhere else dudes. that's like posting reissues in weekend finds.

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

Every NES I've played past the mid-90s has been totally fucked up. It's like those things were programmed to self-destruct or something. I bought and returned several of them during my nostaliga flashback. Fucnoland employees hated my ass.

Double dribble: probably the only game I got my pops to play
    Megaman: Saw a art print of him shooting those yellow bullets out of his arm this weekend and almost had to buy it for my wall
    SuperMarioBros3: Rented the Japanese version with my homie before the US one came out (wasn't this the first one where he could get the tail and fly?)
    Super Dodgeball: Fun as shit!
    Tecmo Bowl: L.A. Raiders

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

same with a Gameboy SP

http://www.emu-zone.net/gba-sp/buy-flash-card-linker.html

• dj_pidj_pi 335 Posts

Every NES I've played past the mid-90s has been totally fucked up. It's like those things were programmed to self-destruct or something. I bought and returned several of them during my nostaliga flashback. Fucnoland employees hated my ass.

Double dribble: probably the only game I got my pops to play
    Megaman: Saw a art print of him shooting those yellow bullets out of his arm this weekend and almost had to buy it for my wall
    SuperMarioBros3: Rented the Japanese version with my homie before the US one came out (wasn't this the first one where he could get the tail and fly?)
    Super Dodgeball: Fun as shit!
    Tecmo Bowl: L.A. Raiders

Sup drewn...

If any of you are experiencing problems with your NES, its usually because the connector inside the NES gets worn out. You can buy replacement ones on ebay for 15 bucks and its like having a brand new NES. Its also pretty simple and you don't need to solder stuff.

the game was gyromite. i almost bought one of these at the flea market the other day but i was concerned it was missing parts.

and take that xbox emulation shit somewhere else dudes. that's like posting reissues in weekend finds.

true but fucka NES square ass uncomfortable control pad. i'll take the ROMs any day. Although having some of those old school cartridges is fresh.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

a few solutions:

i don't know if it's because the games are vertical (it does help greatly for not popping the game out during intense power pad sessions) or if it's just because the systems are newer and got less use, but i've never encountered any blinking red light/flashy screen chaos on one of these units

i've never tried it personally, but i've been meaning to. you can pop open your system and install a new pin connector, which is what is causing the problem, because the inside connectors are dirty. you can purchase this on ebay or at a bunch of sketchy online video game/imports spots. i also understand you can just open it up and A HREF="http://www.gooddealgames.com/articles/NES_Repair.htm" target="new">clean it/A> and put back the old connectors

as recent as two years ago, nintendo was still offering support for the system, and for a reasonable fee (i don't remember the exact number) you mail them your system and all your games and they clean 'em up (i assume they just do the above refurbish)