Twista - Adrenaline Rush 2007 (Rap-R)

G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
This needs a thread. I am really digging most of this album. "Creep Fast" feat. T-Pain - facemelt status. Whip Game Proper, Charged, Wrist Stay Rocky, + others are very good and listenable. It really does try to follow the format of the original AR and uses a lot of rehashed lines slowed down for hooks and things like that. I could do without the skits, but whatever. The skits on the original were dumb too. Anybody had a chance to check this out yet? Pretty refreshing for 07. The beat on that Creep Fast song is real nice.

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    This needs a thread. I am really digging most of this album. "Creep Fast" feat. T-Pain - facemelt status. Whip Game Proper, Charged, Wrist Stay Rocky, + others are very good and listenable. It really does try to follow the format of the original AR and uses a lot of rehashed lines slowed down for hooks and things like that. I could do without the skits, but whatever. The skits on the original were dumb too. Anybody had a chance to check this out yet? Pretty refreshing for 07. The beat on that Creep Fast song is real nice.

Yeah, one of the year's better rap albums. Totally unexpected after that last terd.

• Yeah, his last one was disappointing, and it really sounds like he tried to go back to his 1997 mind frame for this. It worked well, in my opinion.

I never thought I'd hear T-Pain flip it in that fashion. I'm still surprised by that track.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I started a thread about this over a month ago incl a link to 'creep fast' and it got zero responses. F- soulstrut

i guess folks were too busy arguing about the all important kweli record :-/

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

Yeah, one of the year's better rap albums. Totally unexpected after that last terd.

Can we safely call this one a rap album (I hope)? Or is it basically another r-n-b album with a dude that just happens to be rapping on it?

• I started a thread about this a couple weeks ago incl a link to 'creep fast' and it got zero responses. F- Faux Rillz liking G. Balliando more than me. Nerts!

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I started a thread about this a couple weeks ago incl a link to 'creep fast' and it got zero responses. F- Faux Rillz liking G. Balliando more than me. Nerts!

soulmarcosa

• I started a thread about this a couple weeks ago incl a link to 'creep fast' and it got zero responses. F- Faux Rillz liking G. Balliando more than me. Nerts!

soulmarcosa

True. He didn't know about rap either.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I started a thread about this a couple weeks ago incl a link to 'creep fast' and it got zero responses. F- Faux Rillz liking G. Balliando more than me. Nerts!

soulmarcosa

Deej/Soulmarcosa is one of those oddball beef matchups that has the potential for some real genius.

Please continue.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts

soulmarcosa

• This needs a thread. I am really digging most of this album. "Creep Fast" feat. T-Pain - facemelt status. Whip Game Proper, Charged, Wrist Stay Rocky, + others are very good and listenable. It really does try to follow the format of the original AR and uses a lot of rehashed lines slowed down for hooks and things like that. I could do without the skits, but whatever. The skits on the original were dumb too. Anybody had a chance to check this out yet? Pretty refreshing for 07. The beat on that Creep Fast song is real nice.

Can we safely call this one a rap album (I hope)? Or is it basically another r-n-b album with a dude that just happens to be rapping on it?

It's safe to call it a rap album. It's roughly 15% skits, 15% RnB, 70% rap. The T-Pain song is rap. I think there's only 2 RnB songs. The album seems short.

deej - missed that thread. I would have clicked on it had I seen it. Adrenaline Rush 1 was always one of my favorites (err, at least the rap songs on it).

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    I started a thread about this over a month ago incl a link to 'creep fast' and it got zero responses. F- soulstrut

woow.
    wanna cookie. i bet it was a great post.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

woow.
    wanna cookie. i bet it was a great post.
    i do want a cookie. ysi?

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    i can throw an Oreo on Rapidshare.