where my Freemasons at?

rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
this is not really a joke, either. while ye olde synagogue undergoes renovations we had Rosh Hashanah in the Masonic temple out on 19th Ave in SF. some next level imagery on the walls; I'd like someone to explain but I get the feeling there aren't a lot of Masons on the strut.

Comments

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    uh, my grandfather is a mason. but that's on my mom's side, and she was adopted, so no mason for me.

• oh I get it. y'all aren't supposed to put the Masonic biz in the streets. I can respect that.

• Texas-Rap enthusiast catnip.

• Texas-Rap enthusiast catnip.

I was expecting an anti-Jew/anti-Freemason collabo post from our favorite NOLA/Orinda representative, but alas it was not meant to be.

• oh I get it. y'all aren't supposed to put the Masonic biz in the streets. I can respect that.

so the Gideons = the Freemasons?

I cram to understand secret societies.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Freemasons = Lizard peoples

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Texas-Rap enthusiast catnip.

I was expecting an anti-Jew/anti-Freemason collabo post from our favorite NOLA/Orinda representative, but alas it was not meant to be.

• Options
    I drank with the second highest member of the Masons five years ago at my friends wedding. It was his grandpa from Ireland, and we were forehead to forehead at one point spouting gibberish.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I guy I work with is a Mason and I asked him about it. He was more than happy to school me on it. He says basically it's like a fraternity, and they have a lot of wealthy retired people who have time to devote to it. The secret stuff (or so he claims) is about anonymously donating money to people and isn't nearly as exciting as one would hope. They go to a lot of funerals for older mason without family around to be pallbearers and I've been asked to help out. They have a pretty strong ethical creed with a lot of symbology involved. I think it's pretty harmless and helps a lot of people.

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    I guy I work with is a Mason and I asked him about it. He was more than happy to school me on it. He says basically it's like a fraternity, and they have a lot of wealthy retired people who have time to devote to it. The secret stuff (or so he claims) is about anonymously donating money to people and isn't nearly as exciting as one would hope. They go to a lot of funerals for older mason without family around to be pallbearers and I've been asked to help out. They have a pretty strong ethical creed with a lot of symbology involved. I think it's pretty harmless and helps a lot of people.

^^^^^ part of the Freemason street team.

• El PrezEl Prez NE Ohio 1,141 Posts
    Prince Hall Freemasons

• The only secret society I ride for is Soulstrut....

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    Haven't most US Presidents been Masons / Skulls / Strutters (sshhh-related)? Clinton certainly was. The Queen's husband, Phil the Greek, is #2 guy in UK. I have picked my dad's drunk ass up from a gig at a masonic hall if that counts.

• RerogRerog 569 Posts
    My Grandfather was a freemason as well as a part of law enforcement/FBI his whole career. When he died, 3 guys in robes were there and said some shit in tongues and put 3 bags full of some powder in his grave after the coffin was lowered in. Not sure to this day what that was all about.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Phil the Greek

Jimmy the Greek's brother?

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

SIDEWAYS-ELEVATOR-RAER