Need help ID'ing an old soul song

arkitecharkitech 16 Posts
edited September 2007 in Strut Central
There's an old soul track I've been trying to ID for years, I used to hear it all the time at this skating rink I would go to that was just south of Chicago in a suburb called Glenwood. I don't know the name of the artist or the song title, in fact all I can remember are a few snippets from the hook and the ending of the song. Hopefully somebody here might recognize the song, the hook goes something like:"games, games, everybody's playing games"there's a break towards the end of the song that went something like this:"everybody's always trying to take advantage of me, everbody is playing gaaaames"I wish I knew more but that's all I can remember, its a male singer and I'm guessing the time period the song was produced could have been in the 70's. The song kind of had an Al Hudson feel to it, but I'm not sure if it was him.If anyone could help me correctly ID this song I'd be willing to paypal a few dollars. I've been dying to find this song for years, I'd really like to hear it again.

Comments

• games by nkotb?

• games by nkotb?

I'll go out of my way and say it's something by Biscuit, NKOTB's bodyguard who came out with not only a video, but a full album. There are cassette bins across this nation waiting for you to hear its magic.

• games by nkotb?

new kids on the block? not even close, this was a solo singer with a 70's type of sound.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

• You wouldn't mean the track GAMES by Bobby Womack would you? However that's an early 80's song and I don't hear those lines you mentioned in the track.

• thanks for the suggestion, that just might be the song I'm looking for. I'm trying to track down a clip of that track now.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    nkotb?

dare not front on the juggernaut that is late era nkotb. stepper's jams 4 dayzzzz.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    pederast's jams 4 dayzzzz.

• I hate to necro an old thread but it's been 6 years later and I'm still looking for this song. I was starting to forget how it sounds, when I came across this clip. -

Raw Soul Express - All Alone

My mysterious "games" song reminds me a bit of All Alone by RSE. Maybe that reference might help some of you crate experts point me in the right direction.

Also if you guys know of any songs that sound similar to All Alone, pleassse let me know. I love that kind of soul.

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    It's not this, is it..?

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Nice.

• oh man, DocMcCoy is gonna be RICH!!!

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    leftright said:
    oh man, DocMcCoy is gonna be RICH!!!

I do this shit for the love.

• DocMcCoy said:
    It's not this, is it..?

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!!

I've been searching for that song for years. I can't count how many times I've embarrassed myself singing that song in record shops with the clerk looking at me like the guy from The Office. Please PM me your email, I owe you one my friend.