GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
HARDCROE!

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    YESSSSS!

Young Guzzo, you got this LP? There is a dope joint on it.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    no I jacked the image from Indiana 45's website. I wish I had that LP though anyone got a spare to throw my way lemme know.

no I jacked the image from Indiana 45's website. I wish I had that LP though anyone got a spare to throw my way lemme know.

I was at the God Mr. Supreme's crib one day a few years back and he handed me the Loveship LP and said look at the fools on this cover! He then threw on a joint from the LP and it was that fire son! If I remember correctly, it was on a small label out of Chicago. Chicago heads, what's the deal with this LP?

• redgregredgreg 96 Posts
    I got these on the cash ear label but what are the other albums on the label?

open up the Loveship for some more modern soulness

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    how is the Loveship? I have access to a sealed one kinda pricey though. What should a young dude pay?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts

• nrichnrich 932 Posts
    how is the Loveship? I have access to a sealed one kinda pricey though. What should a young dude pay?

I listened to it before and didn't think it was all that, but that was a while back and I probably didn't have an ear for it, maybe a little too disco-y?

• alieNDNalieNDN 2,181 Posts

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I got these on the cash ear label but what are the other albums on the label?

Redgreg[/b] I've looked for some of these titles on Ebay in the past but never bid on one. Are they all good?

By the way are you familiar with the Destiny Label out of Los Angeles. I've found it to be pretty consistant for modern soul...the west coast Handshake

• "Never gonna give you up... No matter how you treat me..."

I still don't understand modern soul...

Peace...
    F. Mimizu

• redgregredgreg 96 Posts

I don't know it's value but here's a couple of clips

Love So New + I Wish

Music Man + Absence

Redgreg[/b] I've looked for some of these titles on Ebay in the past but never bid on one. Are they all good?

By the way are you familiar with the Destiny Label out of Los Angeles. I've found it to be pretty consistant for modern soul...the west coast Handshake

They are ok, I only picked up 'loveship' and 'ship of the desert' because they were really cheap a few years ago, Crystal winds is probably the most sought after especially in the UK, I think it got reissued too.

Not sure about the Destiny label? I have an album by Eloise Whitaker on Destiny which has a couple of nice steppers on, would this be the same label?

• djdazedjdaze 3,099 Posts

• HERE'S SOME MODERN SOUL COVERS TO LAUGH AT

AND OF COURSE MICHAEL HENDERSON'S SLINGSHOT THAT HAS ALREADY BEEN POSTED (YOU KNOW THE DEAL RARE GROOVERS)

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Not sure about the Destiny label? I have an album by Eloise Whitaker on Destiny which has a couple of nice steppers on, would this be the same label?

That is indeed the same label and that Eloise Whitaker has some nice mid-tempo tracks as well as som steppers, I just posted on of her songs in another thread

Eloise Whitaker - I've Come Too Far"

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    the eloise is so nice, plaese to hold your double for me young AK

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts

Nice song didnt you play this on the radio show?
    What's going on with the show did you guys "curse" yourselves off the air waves.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

Nice song didnt you play this on the radio show?

What's going on with the show did you guys "curse" yourselves off the air waves.

haha I was on the phone with Iron Monkey about this today. We had to put the show on hold for a bit cause of my work schedule...we may be getting back on the air pretty soon, and yes good memory I did play that E.Whitaker on the show.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Nice rented Afgan.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

"Never gonna give you up... No matter how you treat me..."

I still don't understand modern soul...

Peace...
    F. Mimizu

What Faux thought to be a "thighlet" looks to actually be a knife?

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    The fact that he was giving that region detailed inspection makes me question his cockiness in a whole new light.

and, um....

AYO![/b]

yes. and as I pointed out before, the fact that he knew the term "thighlet" is highly suspect...

AWESOME!!!

• soulrezsoulrez 565 Posts
    post deleted

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    You down to trade the Sir james lp?

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts

"MAKE IT RISE BABY IF YOUR QUALIFIED"

that's what im talkin bout

some don was nastiness