What is or was your favorite TOY growing UP?

MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
Nothin beat Evil Kenevil, wind up Motorcycle! I also liked to play with my cousins Shogun Warrior Mizinger Z with the missles and spaceship that would come out of his head!(To poor to afford one) Freakin Classic!!!!!! What was yall's?

Comments

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Not my favorite, but i remember these as a likkle yoot

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    Nothin beat Evil Kenevil, wind up Motorcycle! I also liked to play with my cousins Shogun Warrior Mizinger Z with the missles and spaceship that would come out of his head!(To poor to afford one) Freakin Classic!!!!!! What was yall's?

I remember catching an ill beatdown by my dad for shooting my sister in the eye with Shogun during dinner. I'll never forget that beatdown most likely cuz it was embaressing as hell to catch a beatdown while the rest of the family was still eating and chilling at the dinner table. On a side not I think I'm gonna start a Parental Beatdown Appreciation Thread.

Back to the topic... I loved my Star Wars toys, nothing could fuck with my AT-AT. My Degobah system was ill too. Shit I also loved my X-Wing Fighter, and my snow version of the X-Wing fighter. I also loved that Ton-Ton or whatever those snow camel things were called, it had a hatch that opened up in the belly cuz of when Han cut it's stomach open and buried Luke in it. Empire Strike Back had the best toys I think.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    It's all about the Transformers.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    ha ha! you all some nancy boys and shit. playing make believe with your little toys.

naw, i had me some star wars and gforce shit, but my favorite toy was my bike. a fucking bmx huffy that i thought was totally awesome and i could ride as long as i wanted to as long as i was home by dark, bitches. then the neighbor kids made fun of my shit cuz they were all high brow white trash and had like pk rippers and gt's and shit and i had a sad little huffy. i showed them tho with my violin lessons.

• Mr. CasualMr. Casual 953 Posts

YEAH and I rocked a LOT of GI JOE and Star Wars shit

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    The space legos were the maove! My brother and I would build space ships and moon buggies all day. We never got tired of the space legos. We had the whole set up like this kid in the picture....

• MangomanMangoman 549 Posts
    ha ha! you all some nancy boys and shit. playing make believe with your little toys.

naw, i had me some star wars and gforce shit, but my favorite toy was my bike. a fucking bmx huffy that i thought was totally awesome and i could ride as long as i wanted to as long as i was home by dark, bitches. then the neighbor kids made fun of my shit cuz they were all high brow white trash and had like pk rippers and gt's and shit and i had a sad little huffy. i showed them tho with my violin lessons.

Was your Huffy the one in Black & Yellow with the Yellow Mags? That's some Pirate shit their, my parents couldnt afford it... I'm all about the handme downs!

Not my favorite, but i remember these as a likkle yoot

Man Six Million Dollar man was fun! My cousin had that too, I loved looking out of that eye! Also Space 1999 spaceship was ill!

CHAN that you playin Lego's?

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    but my favorite toy was my bike. a fucking bmx huffy

That was my first bike too and that's all my mom could afford. Then to make shit worse, some asshole stole it from my apt. complex.

That 6 Million Dollar Man shit I played with when I was probably 4, and was the first thing to come to mind, but these were my favorites:

But does anyone ever remember making their Star Wars toys into Breakdancers? Classic Middle school action! Put the Penny between the legs dudes would spin for days.....

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts

the begining and end to toys. the Alpha and omega

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    this is so easy.

My Transformers!

I think Megatron was my favourite, but ther were so many good ones it's really hard to choose.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    my wiener.

• soulrezsoulrez 565 Posts
    my favorite toy was actually a graf writer named wizard...
    dude had no skill... oops wrong kinna toy...

my favorite toy was actually a graf writer named wizard...
    dude had no skill... oops wrong kinna toy...

LOL hahahhahha good one I was wonder if anyone would bring up writing....

• but my favorite toy was my bike. a fucking bmx huffy

That was my first bike too and that's all my mom could afford. Then to make shit worse, some asshole stole it from my apt. complex.

That 6 Million Dollar Man shit I played with when I was probably 4, and was the first thing to come to mind, but these were my favorites:

Every single one of those was my jam!!!!

Plus this.....

But honestly, the bike was the hot shit. Being out in the woods ALL day. Then when i was 10 it became, the bike, cigerettes, and cassette tapes.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

and this Japanese train thingy, where you have little tracks and you piece 'em together to make DOPE lil train tracks and had these DOPE TRAINS. it was called
    "Monorail" or something??! anyone know?

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    Day... You and I shared the same passions. No Ayo.

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    micronauts for me. stein. . .

• luckluck 4,077 Posts

Anyone ever notice how completely homoerotic He-Man was? Man-At-Arms had that great copstache. I hope Orko finally got up the courage to tell his folks. And how about Ram Man? I watched an episode recently; just full of double entendres.

Incidently, my parents, deathly comcerned about The Occult and its pull on young Christian boys, forbade me from touching or seeing them. My grandma squirrelled away an Orko for me one Christmas, but I was too guilt-ridden to have fun with it.

I also had a TON of Legos, with which I made my own Transformers. #2 on my list.

And my friends always had ten or twenty of those muscle figures strewn around their rooms, most of which were, uh, CREATIVELY penned in. MASK and Silverhawks, too. I never liked G.I. Joe too much, but the ninjas were cool ([color:white]and by cool, I mean totaly sweet[/color]).

• It's all about the Transformers.

hell yes. i brought my collection with me to chi-town. and all of my 162 nintendo games.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    micronauts for me. stein. . .

ha ha, you beat me to it 'Stein. I remember saving up aaaaages to pick the micronauts microcity thing and being horribly dissapointed when it turned out to be this:

Oh well, at least my Time Travelers had interchangable chest plates.

I always wanted the Battle Crusier (with detachable side cars that turned into pistols) but the best I ever did was the Photon Sled

• dayday 9,612 Posts

Plus this.....

That was my shit too!

I tried to find a jpeg of them but "mask" brought up some freaky images in google image search.

it's a scary world out there

• Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
    Sticklebricks were the shit when I was a tot.... Then when I'd perfected my shit, I moved up to the Lego Technic...

I'd spend all day diggin in the boxes for the dope bricks man........ I had ALL the bricks.

I had a lot of doubles of the same bricks, so I'd switch them around and mix them up and stuff.

• Big Wheel
    BMX Bike (radio shack was my first, welfare recipient)
    Micronauts
    Baseball Mitt/Aluminum Easton Bat
    Stretch Armstrong
    Star Wars Droid Factory
    HOT WHEELS

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

Action Jackson
    Mego Super Heroes
    Star Wars
    GI Joe
    Transformers
    Mask

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Incidently, my parents, deathly comcerned about The Occult and its pull on young Christian boys, forbade me from touching or seeing them.

AYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    i liked all the toys i had.

we used to steal those musclemen toys from walgreens all the time to try and get them all.

star wars, empire, and return (ewoks) were always played with. i had the millenium falcon and the death star. those were fun. i lost luke skywalker in a whole i dug in the backyard and found him about a decade later when we put up a basketball court back there.

he-man and the crew used to hang out at the house until i found my friend rubbing the good female one on his dick in my backyard... i threw that one out and he never came back over to play again.

gijoe was dope too and my favorite was machinegunner and that black action figure guy that day posted. my pal chris broke machinegunners legs by dropping him down the stairs. i think he broke the leg on accident and then dropped him down the stairs so i would think that the fall did it... wow. i just figured that out right now after all these years... that sucks.

transformers and gobots used to battle it out in the front porch of my parents house on the regular as well.

i also played atari (maze craze) and nintendo (zelda). me and chris got rygar one day and played that shit nonstop for like 10hrs. we finished the game all proud of ourselves and shit and hoping for this big dramatic cartoon play at the end and all that shit had was a black screen that said "CONGRATULATIONS" .... what?!?! we were pissed!!! no exclamation marks or nothing... we never played that shit again...

overall though, growing up and going to my parents friends houses, my mom would ask for a catalog for me to amuse myself with. you know they had like the sears or best catalogs and there were others. i used to sit for hours and look at those pictures. because back then wasnt like it was now. now you get a picture of the video game or a picture of the toy in its box just sitting there. back then the pictures were actual scenes you could look at. the legos were all set up and the shit was dope. anyway... i used to love those catalogs and make up shit in my head using those scenes in the book. i had a good imagination...

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

• ehuffmanehuffman 302 Posts
    hands down: