Is $450 & an OZ a good price for a TR808?

street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts
edited July 2007 in Strut Central
Help a Strutta know. The skreets are wunderin

Comments

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    Yeah. I saw one on ebay recently sell for $800 or $900.

Really, with these kinds of things, which don't often turn up, you have to ask yoruself "is this a good price for me[/b]" rather than "am I getting a good deal". If you loose $100 on a friggin 808 it's not the end of the world. You have an 808 for crying out loud.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    So, really you're just buying this to say "I have an 808"? Cause are you really going to use it? Obviously they're bad-ass/hard-as-fuck, but you can get all those sounds from any website nowadays (and if you're recording into your computer there won't be any difference in sound quality). It's probably just going to sit on your expedit and collect layers of dust.

...that being said, I WANT ONE! That ain't too bad a price too.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    hell yeah as long as they hooch is crypto I'd say you gittin over

nothing sounds like a real 808
    rebirth and all them is close but hardware is tough to beat

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts
    Help a Strutta know. The skreets are wunderin

An ounce of what?

or

?

or

??

hell yeah as long as they hooch is crypto I'd say you gittin over

nothing sounds like a real 808
    rebirth and all them is close but hardware is tough to beat

Except when you feed it into a computer via USB port...

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts

Not

or

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    This is what's up...

• yes do it....jump on that shlt like i jump on fat bltches......

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    "Beetjunkee" with an MPC avatar, oh lordy.

• HERE IS YOUR 808. SAY THANKS.

you just saved a few hundred.

• "Beetjunkee" with an MPC avatar, oh lordy.

i know, im not cool enough to kik it in ur forum yet... its my first post.... i guess i gotta post up pics of all my dopest wax and change my av to something nobody has ever seen in life.... plus i gotta learn the strut-lingo.... and im not allowed to talk or respond to any threads till i been here for at least, what 2 years....then i gotta know which graems to use and when its apropriate to use them or i get ripped yet another new assshole....mmmmm..what else..... do i gotta be a certain color....naw... hhhmmm....i have to be over the age of 25....mmm... oh yea, i cant ever talk about my mp or any other gear i got, ever....so i guess that includes responses.... mmmm (i wonder if i can talk about records in the cratediggin forum).... i guess just keep me updated on the rules so i can be down....

peace..

ps... i will try workin on my login name and pick a better av...

wait, (did i use that right......)

• kalakala 3,361 Posts

i know, im not cool enough to kik it in ur forum yet... its my first post.... i guess i gotta post up pics of all my dopest wax and change my av to something nobody has ever seen in life.... plus i gotta learn the strut-lingo.... and im not allowed to talk or respond to any threads till i been here for at least, what 2 years....then i gotta know which graems to use and when its apropriate to use them or i get ripped yet another new assshole....mmmmm..what else..... do i gotta be a certain color....naw... hhhmmm....i have to be over the age of 25....mmm... oh yea, i cant ever talk about my mp or any other gear i got, ever....so i guess that includes responses.... mmmm (i wonder if i can talk about records in the cratediggin forum).... i guess just keep me updated on the rules so i can be down....

peace..

BESTEST SECOND POAST EVAR

GIVE THIS KID SOME COTTON KKANDY YOU HEMORHOIDS

• [quot
    /

Nope.

(seriously, you didn't)

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

peace..

That is exactly the response I expected, word for word.

It's cool that you joined the forum, just try and bring something (anything) original and you should be okay!

You sound young.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    HERE IS YOUR 808. SAY THANKS.

you just saved a few hundred.
    doesnt even compare

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

doesnt even compare

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

IT'S DEJA VU ALL OVER AGAIN

But, seriously:

yes do it....jump on that shlt like i jump on fat bltches......

what the fuck is this? "shlt" and "bltches" ?

If that's really how you decided to jump in the forum,
    no wonder you seemed prepared to be clowned!

• [quote

You sound young.

probly not as young as you think.....

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

• But, seriously:

yes do it....jump on that shlt like i jump on fat bltches......

what the fuck is this? "shlt" and "bltches" ?

If that's really how you decided to jump in the forum,
    no wonder you seemed prepared to be clowned!

ALRIGHT......damn wut the fuck.... get off my shit.....bitch......

if i was prepared to be clowned its cuz i know wut this forum is like since i been on creep mode here for the past few years... was once a member but lost my membership somehow...
    everyones harsh on the noobs... buts its cool....ive waited too long to rejoin this bitch...i get whatever is cumin to me....i'll keep on the d-low for a while...

peace

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

probly not as young as you think.....

I'm not one to clown but TRUST me it's a good idea for you to lurk for a month or two before posting. Judging by your first 4 posts you won't last very long before getting the BAN, or ending up as Superpoaster 3.0 (you don't want that).

• ok... i been

peace

YOU KNOW I'M GONNA COP THIS!!!!

I've wanted one forever. Seriously.

Dude has all kinds of gear to trade. An MPC 2000. I probably don't need that but it might be cool to change up the process a little. Never f'd with a MPC though. Just an old ass Akai Drum Machine years ago.

What else should I get? Should I get some pre's since the Digi003's aren't supposed to have the best ones. Ah yeah, some effects/rack stuff. Hmmm. Gotta be careful, don't want to spend all my money but if I'm getting good deals........might as well. May not see the stuff again. I don't buy gear on the web.

So dude comes by tonight and drops this on me...........

I said I had to check it out first so he left it.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    holy moly. Enjoy!

• Jesus, those things are beautiful.

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    wait, so you paid 450?? for a working TR808? seems like you are a lucky bastard.
    if u count in the euro/dollar exchange rate, u pay close to 2000 dollars over here.
    `s like getting boscoe for 50 bucks.

• chasechase 767 Posts
    So dude comes by tonight and drops this on me...........

I said I had to check it out first so he left it.

why dont you thorw some midi on the bitch

wait, so you paid 450?? for a working TR808? seems like you are a lucky bastard.
    if u count in the euro/dollar exchange rate, u pay close to 2000 dollars over here.
    `s like getting boscoe for 50 bucks.

$450 + an OZ is more like $700-850.