TEMPLE OF THE DOG

13»

Comments

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    derDUN derDUN *breeyoww*

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts

:shreddin_it:

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Thanks. I just went on an 1 hour youtube grunge tangent.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    hahaha!! awesome random bump!

Snagglepus said:

:shreddin_it:

the best part is that it's a music video and you know he isn't plugged in on the beach, but EV's feelin'-it air slap is so convincing

• edith head said:
    derDUN derDUN *breeyoww*

this tasty lick really saved my drive into work this morning.

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts
    GenePontecorvo said:
    This is a great thread.

• Did anyone see the PBS American Masters on Pearl Jam? They spent 20 minutes talking about this song. It might have been 5 minutes, but it felt a lot longer because it was playing in the background the whole time. I didn't think I could like Pearl Jam any less than I already did, but seeing their retrospective on TV pushed my hatred to the max. I couldn't stop watching it though.

• Watch if you dare:

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts
    CHIN ROCK

• I was reading the bump on this thread on a plane this summer, and laughed so hard I woke the dude up sitting next to me. The "DERDUN DERDUN BEROYYWYWYWY" was what put me over the top.

• DubiousDubious 1,865 Posts
    hcrink said:
    This is a great thread.

I remember when the Temple of the Dog Cd came out and how I was like "wow it does get worse than Pearl Jam". It was like the CSNY of grunge. When I was working in a used CD shop in the late 90's there were so many fucking used copies of this shit that is was SCARY.

MEMORY fail

TOD came out BEFORE Pearl Jam

was later re-released to ca$h in when Ten got HUGE

YUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAHHHHH

• snosno 332 Posts
    Speaking of Pearl Jam 20, caught the screening in late September. After the movie, some douche bags were talking loudly about their collection of Pearl jam vinyl records with his mates and while one of them was taking a piss at the urinal, he declared loudly that he should rush home to listen to his "Ten" album on vinyl.

I had a hard time holding the laughter than the piss in my bursting guts.

• Goddamn this thread is making me laugh.

DERDUN DERDUN BEROYYWYWYWY

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    Eh, I love pearl jam.
    what a loser.

• My band covered Hunger Strike so hard at practice last night. Though it was pretty much just a back and forth between the "I don't mind stealin' bread" line and "I'm going hungreeeaaaayyyyy".

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    They probably fashion themselves as vegetarians, but their voices indicate a hunger that only a steak sandwich could satisfy.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Dubious said:
    hcrink said:
    This is a great thread.

I remember when the Temple of the Dog Cd came out and how I was like "wow it does get worse than Pearl Jam". It was like the CSNY of grunge. When I was working in a used CD shop in the late 90's there were so many fucking used copies of this shit that is was SCARY.

MEMORY fail

TOD came out BEFORE Pearl Jam

was later re-released to ca$h in when Ten got HUGE

YUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAHHHHH

I'm actually kinda proud I didn't know that.

• Snagglepus said:
    My band covered Hunger Strike so hard at practice last night. Though it was pretty much just a back and forth between the "I don't mind stealin' bread" line and "I'm going hungreeeaaaayyyyy".

Hahaha, I was just thinking recently that it would be a terribly fun song to do during a karaoke duo

• HarveyCanal said:
    They probably fashion themselves as vegetarians, but their voices indicate a hunger that only a steak sandwich could satisfy.

Cans of manwich warmed in a hobo fire on the beach.

This song makes me want to occupy wall street.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    B0mping this thread to commemorate 25 years on the release of this album... Fuck I am getting old.  Oh and they are reuniting to go hungry one more time.

• trzakhstantrzakhstan IA 198 Posts
    Would be totally ironical if half the members were fat and old but more so just fat.

• EIGHTYEIGHTY 224 Posts
    Still waiting for Mad Season to get back together with the guy who replaced Layne Stayley from Alice In Chains. *Sarcasm*

But on the real, I might check this out if they come to town. Being a smaller market we miss out on alot of tours.

• Something about that dude's voice just slays me. He is so earnest with his decadaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyeeeence. Him and the Stone Temple Pilots guy who always sounded like he was straining to lay some pipe in the booth.

• BallzDeepBallzDeep 612 Posts
    RIP Dennis

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    Anticipating the DDB was so fun in this! Even in this happy video game cut scene. Aspirational? 

Ten pixelated flannels out of ten. Excellent! And was this made for this poast?

• That was simply beautiful.

Anticipating the DDB was so fun in this! Even in this happy video game cut scene. Aspirational? 

Ten pixelated flannels out of ten. Excellent! And was this made for this poast?

Nope! Just a coincidence that I saw this video and this thread within the fortnight