Weekly Dig Post 19th-26th of June

Comments

• ArtifactorArtifactor 887 Posts
    Very nice. Has a track that I didn't think was that great but still good. Not sure how much you would be willing to pay for it. Some nice basslines and drums playing in back. One part has just the bass and drums playing very nice on track 2. I can try to post audio if you interested or over the phone. Here is a picture of the tracklisting. The cover songs are done really well.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    thanks I don't think I was able to see the tracklisting cause the gatefold is still sealed. If you can post that track up you'd be helping me and some jacksons decide to take a trip

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Oh, so it's a Swamp Dogg record...is it him under another fake name, or is Wolf Moon someone else entirely?

• "If He Walked Today" kind of has that swagger

• Yeah, Wolfmoon=Swamp Dogg=Jerry

Oh, so it's a Swamp Dogg record...is it him under another fake name, or is Wolf Man someone else entirely?

Yup it does say Swamp Dogg. Who is he? It says a little quote.

Win with Pride and Glory, Lose with Style and Grace and remember no matter how good you are you can always be replaced. WOLFMOON IS A MOTHER!

SWAMP DOGG

I can't post audio. Too slow. Hmmmm...

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    i don't remember too much about it... but the Wolf Moon thing didn't really catch me years ago when i had one and i've seen at least 5 or 6 since. it's not too tough to find and not all that good. sort of swampy blues soul if i remember correct.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    i don't remember too much about it... but the Wolf Moon thing didn't really catch me years ago when i had one and i've seen at least 5 or 6 since. it's not too tough to find and not all that good. sort of swampy blues soul if i remember correct.

thats the kind of honest answer I want me and my $40 will make a trip with Mr. Lincoln to get an 1/8 instead

I thought it was good. Found mine for 8 dollars. Worth every cent.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    That Wolf Moon is on fungus, same label that put out a fave of mine- Irma Thomas "in between tears". Anything else cool on the fungus label I should know about??

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    That Wolf Moon is on fungus, same label that put out a fave of mine- Irma Thomas "in between tears". Anything else cool on the fungus label I should know about??

Charlie Whitehead
    prod. by Swamp Dogg

• i don't remember too much about it... but the Wolf Moon thing didn't really catch me years ago when i had one and i've seen at least 5 or 6 since. it's not too tough to find and not all that good. sort of swampy blues soul if i remember correct.

yup. not much of a listen end to end, but fun if you like weird Jerry Williams shit and want a bluesy bass/drums loop to boot.
    Worth about what the dude paid for it, $8.

Not record related but also bought one of these for $20 with a case, gumstick battery, plug in battery charger, manual and original headphones. Now I can record live shows and hook myself up to any turntable at any time.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    one more from yesterday:

listening to this now...quality SOUL!

(only scored a buncha bauhaus, smiths today)

• dayday 9,612 Posts

My first scratch record was on that label [/old man] with "I Love You Kilo" written by dude's girl on the jacket.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    FUcking dudes KILLED it this week with the digs. Jesus.

dude, you are not even kidding. this finds thread is on some forrilla

I know maybe a fraction of these

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    Yeah, Wolfmoon=Swamp Dogg=Jerry

Naw, Wolfmoon isn't Swamp Dogg/Jerry. Swamp Dogg/Jerry just produced the record.

• Options

How's this record? looks pretty good.

Standard 80's Soca. Found quite readily around here (and likely NY too) if you're looking.

K.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

I know where I can get a sealed copy of this but it ain't cheap, what does it sound like?

Crap. and it's not rare.

• LazerLazer 796 Posts

Nice find on that blue rhythym combo, K. That's some killer funk!

This Iannis Xenakis is HEAVY!

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

picked this up today for a buck...

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts

picked this up today for a buck...
    how is this? looks exactly like the Spleen cover

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    folk funk?

from the past week or so. trades and digs

• JKrissJKriss 167 Posts
    hey lazer, turn on your pms, i got to ask u sumthin.

JKriss

• BlastkidBlastkid 240 Posts

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Mack, how's that black and white record to the left of the Blues Magoos lp?

a couple things-
    Walt Dickerson- "peace" on inner city
    Ambiance II "come touch tomorrow"
    Ambiance II fusion- "colours in space"
    Linda Jones- not on the outside/things I've been through (45 on turbo)

Mack, how's that black and white record to the left of the Blues Magoos lp?

it's pretty rad. white boy funk done very well. holler at Lotusland, hes got copies

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    bangin bboy breaks on that Blues Magoos too!

bangin bboy breaks on that Blues Magoos too!
    thats for sure! crazy dope album too!