PB WOLF VS LA | 7 DAYS, 7 CLUBS, 7 GENRES

StonesThrowStonesThrow 22 Posts
edited June 2007 in Announcements
* Come see Peanut Butter Wolf kick off his tour of LA @ Do-Over this Sunday as he will be dropping an early 80's House & Garage Set alongside special mystery guests (last week's mystery guest = 9th Wonder). Early arrival is highly recommended. RSVP: [email]dooverla@gmail.com[/email] & more info: Do-Over =================Story:For the week of June 10 to June 16, DJ/Stones Throw Records founder Peanut Butter Wolf will be spinning 7 different genres of music in 7 different clubs over the course of 7 consecutive nights, all in Los Angeles.???The idea came when I was moving last month,??? Wolf says. ???After 28 years of record buying, I started organizing my records into genres for the first time. It occurred to me that LA is that rare city where as a DJ, you could do a whole week-long tour in a 10-mile radius, where all kinds of people could appreciate all styles of music.??? Wolf???s mini-tour of his home city falls between tours of Japan and Europe where he plays regularly, and on the heels of Time Out Magazine???s Guide To LA DVD, which he hosted. Many DJ???s, Wolf included, have switched from spinning records to lighter CD and MP3-based formats like Serrato, but this 7-day tour will be a vinyl-only affair, with no record played twice.Expect a live version of something similar to his free podcasts on Stones Throw???s website: Valentines mix, 666 mix, James Brown tribute, X-mas mix. Following the tour will be the 777 mix - on the God tip - set for release on 07/07/07.Club dates & music styles: Day 1: Sun, June 10 The Do-Over @ Crane???s Tavern - ???80s early house Day 2: Mon, June 11 Funkmosphere @ Carbon - ???80s rare soul & boogie Day 3: Tue, June 12 Cinespace - ???90s hipster ironic badd covers Day 4: Wed, June 13 Dub Club @ The Echo - ???70s dub & roots reggae 45s Day 5: Thu, June 14 The Root Down @ Little Temple - ???80s hip-hop 45s Day 6: Fri, June 15 Firecracker @ Grand Star - ???70s Afro-Latin & disco Day 7: Sat, June 16 Funky Sole @ Star Shoes - ???60s deep funk 45s

Comments