Ohio Players - Love Rollercoaster

KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
Was there ever a 12" pressing of this track? The 7" sounds unbelievably shitty, and the LP version is pretty weak too. I need to blast this shit in the club!

Comments

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    The 7" sounds unbelievably shitty, and the LP version is pretty weak too. I need to blast this shit in the club!

word!

I have also wondered this.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Sound systems must have changed drastically since 1975. According to most folks who were there, the bass sound on those first few Ohio Players albums on Mercury was so powerful that they blew out most club speakers back then.

(BTW, I've played the album version of this out at the club and just like you guys are saying, the mix could be hotter than it is. But I'm sure it worked fine 32 years ago!)

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Sound systems must have changed drastically since 1975. According to most folks who were there, the bass sound on those first few Ohio Players albums on Mercury was so powerful that they blew out most club speakers back then.

(BTW, I've played the album version of this out at the club and just like you guys are saying, the mix could be hotter than it is. But I'm sure it worked fine 32 years ago!)

Right. Might have to go (gulp!) re-press or (oof!) digital for this one.

• djstefdjstef 534 Posts
    the bass sound on those first few Ohio Players albums on Mercury was so powerful that they blew out the speakers at the jr. high school dance.