who's afraid of the art of noise?

hungovermulattohungovermulatto 168 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
this was the first cd i ever bought. still reaallllyy gooood. so's "in visible silence" and a few tracks on that ambient comp... can i get a witness?

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    No one should be.

Battle...whatever its called was hot.

• yo batmon,

you ever move to bk? or you still up in haarlem? i think you looked at my place a while back before i moved to hawaii...

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts

yo batmon,

you ever move to bk? or you still up in haarlem? i think you looked at my place a while back before i moved to hawaii...

Strictly the Bronx dogs. I lived in Manhattan for a minute.

• bronx. my bad. i had that loft space down the block from castros...

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    No one should be.

Battle...whatever its called was hot.

Into Battle[/b]

Also get the recent box set, And What Have You Done With My Body God?[/b], which compiles loads of unreleased goodies from the 1983-1984 Zang Tuum Tumb era.

• vajdaijvajdaij 447 Posts
    I will ride for AON. I used to rock my 'In Visible Silence' cassette every day.

What's 'The Seduction of Claude Debussy' like? Should I pick it up?

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    What's 'The Seduction of Claude Debussy' like? Should I pick it up?

It's okay, but it definitely misses the Gary Langan touch. This album was done after AoN had taken a break, and they went back to ZTT, so it's Horn (who really didn't do anything), Dudley, Jeczalik, and Lol Creme. To be honest, it sounds more like an Anne Dudley project with extra beats and noises, which isn't bad, but anyone who is expecting the old ZTT style of AoN will be a bit disappointed. But if you liked the transitions Dudley and Jeczalik made with their "core" sound, then this is a continuation of that. The track with Rakim is only so-so, and if you have to hear it, just get the single.