what is a good rate to ask for a corporate dj gig?

peacefulrotationpeacefulrotation 3,481 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
Hey all, I got an offer from someone to do some corporate gigs (including MLB games)...what do y'all think would be a good quote for 3 hours of DJing? (non-mobile)I wouldn't want to ask too little, or too much. thanks in advance

Comments

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    ask for stock options.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Start at $2,500 and try to get more. Those corporate fools have big media budgets and they spend dumb money. Get them to comp your crazy bar tab as well!

Good luck.

• djstefdjstef 534 Posts
    $200/hour if that works for you. It's reasonable.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    half sergio mende$

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    GET MONEY MUTHAFUCKAH

• So somewhere between 200 and 833 an hour...

I was thinking of 250 an hour along the lines of what Stef suggested, and adding for any equipment rental if needed. Then again, Chan has a point. Thanks for your input so far.

Finally, the "real Thing" 12" single is as good as mine...mwuhahahahaha

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    So somewhere between 200 and 633 an hour...

I was thinking of 250 an hour along the lines of what Stef suggested, and adding for any equipment rental if needed. Then again, Chan has a point. Thanks for your input so far.

Finally, the "real Thing" 12" single is as good as mine...mwuhahahahaha

I was thinking $230/hour. Do it, J! Or tell them you'll do 3 hours for A NEW LAPTOP!

Speaking of, your old one got me all the way through my new CD.

• 40ozking40ozking 308 Posts
    Hey all, I got an offer from someone to do some corporate gigs (including MLB games)...what do y'all think would be a good quote for 3 hours of DJing? (non-mobile)
    I wouldn't want to ask too little, or too much.

thanks in advance

First u have to ask yourself:

(1) Are u an established name or do u have or a following? If so, u can tax... If not, try to get at least a g.

(2) Are u marketable? If so, don't worry about the money and think about the opportunity. DJ Irie has really worked being the offical dj of the Miami Heat.

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    yo J*sh I think the same people just hit me up. It all depends on whether or not you have to provide equipment. If so, you can charge off the charts and aim for a couple g's, but if not it tends to have to be more reasonable. That's been my experience with corporate gigs in SF.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    1 million dollars.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts

First u have to ask yourself:

(1) Are u an established name or do u have or a following? If so, u can tax... If not, try to get at least a g.

(2) Are u marketable?

dont forget to send them a autographed headshot!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Start at $2,500 and try to get more.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    get a lawyer

• djstefdjstef 534 Posts
    That's been my experience with corporate gigs in SF.
    Corporate Sandy?

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    i think $1500 is fair. $15000 if your name is dj AM. peace, stein. . .