Klaus Wunderlich(k) (No AYO)

kennykenny 1,024 Posts
edited June 2005 in Record Collecting
I know about his Hammond Fur Millionen record, but I know there must be more records from this dude who has some funky moments. Picked up a 2LP album of his for 10 cents and I was surprised there were 3 rather cool tunes on there.funky records more good ole Wonderlick (ayo no) did make ?

Comments

• lucerolucero 425 Posts
    don't know about other klaus, but on

his Hammond Fur Millionen record

one of the better dollar bin records out there (is this dollar bin elsewhere?) couldn't believ how many tiems I'd gone past it when the ball finally dropped .. was listening to that AEIOU2 jawn last night when I was cooking, and bammm, summertime ..

OT: How was brisvegas kenny?

• kennykenny 1,024 Posts
    Briz was dope as always

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts
    Klaus Wunderlich has made alot of records, his version of Summertime is dope, but to my knowledge there aint that many fonky cuts on his lp's. But if you're looking for beats, there's at least 3 KW albums with ok drumbreaks !

If anybody needs the Summertime record I have a spare copy...

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    don't know about other klaus, but on

his Hammond Fur Millionen record

one of the better dollar bin records out there (is this dollar bin elsewhere?) couldn't believ how many tiems I'd gone past it when the ball finally dropped .. was listening to that AEIOU2 jawn last night when I was cooking, and bammm, summertime ..

OT: How was brisvegas kenny?

yup that's "the one". I know some beat record by NO I.D. or somebody sampled it (I know it's on that Hydra Instrumental Beat series) and I think Ugly Duckling rocked another track by that dude as well

• [cryptic]

talking about WERSI

[/cryptic]

• BeardedDBeardedD 770 Posts
    I like my copy of the Moog one, Sound 2000... Although I haven't heard it in about ten years or so.

there's at least 3 KW albums with ok drumbreaks !

Correction: at least 5

(auwright!)

• sleepsleep 54 Posts

I like my copy of the Moog one, Sound 2000... Although I haven't heard it in about ten years or so.

yep, KW also does flex a bit of moogs, plastic synths and different kinds of cheesy organs, sounds kool at times, but his records are mostly schlager material (which obviously can be pretty difficult to enjoy for the fonkhungry beatdoggy)

beats !

• HawkeyeHawkeye 896 Posts
    Mr.Wunderlich had some deals with some consumer organ producers like wersi. For them he played records only made with wersi organs. Most of his cuts are very cheesy, but like we all know, sometimes a cheesy sound with a dopebeat is a brilliant peace of enjoyment. If you want you can compare him with James Last or any other "grandma" musician.

If you want to buy the old stuff for cheap check german ebay under:

http://search.ebay.de/klaus-wunderlich_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8

If you want to know more about his life, discographie and some very nice coverpictures check those links. (All in english):

http://www.klauswunderlich.de/ (His original website, very old school)

http://www.klauswunderlich.com/

http://www.organfax.co.uk/klauswunderlich.html

http://www.organists.com/wunderlich/

http://www.vinylrevival.com/likewow/vol3/wunderlich.html

http://www.hipwax.com/music/oddpop/organ_kw.html

http://home.wtal.de/h1/kwbio.htm

@ upskiboo

Which 5 KW LP's that got drumbreaks are you talking about ???

Peace

Hawkeye

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Klaus Wunderlich has made alot of records, his version of Summertime is dope, but to my knowledge there aint that many fonky cuts on his lp's. But if you're looking for beats, there's at least 3 KW albums with ok drumbreaks !

If anybody needs the Summertime record I have a spare copy...

That pretty much sums it up. Klaus Wunderlichs records are (occasional drumbreaks aside) mostly crap IMO. Music for german housewives.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Well, don't forget that 99% of the records Klaus Wunderlich recorded are crap. Just like James Last. Some tunes are OK, but overall, those German musicians are basically still a pain in the ass. RIDICULOUS! 1 out of 1000 songs is alright. The rest is crap!

Summertime isn't even that good. And the drum breaks have been known since early Gangstarr. EASY!

I thought the same about german musicians, but I was wrong. There is more crab than fine stuff but there is defenitly some briliant music. The whole Krautrock thing, Niagara, Klaus Lenz, Gitte, Manfred Krug, Su Kramer, Klaus Doldinger, Peter Thomas, Hildegard Knef, Veronika Fischer, Klaus Fischer, Theo Schumann Combo, Michael Naura. And dont forget the great MPS label. But you are right that it is hard to get the god ones. Its not like you pick up a great "ugly" cover and there is some dope stuff on it.

Olski told something about it on this board, if you are looking for some great german funky stuff check out the Funkvergn??gen Mixtapes Vol. 1 and 2. You can get it under www.olski.net Also try to get your hands on the "Ramba Zamba" mixtape from Fader Gladiator and Rick Ski. It is out on the german mixtape label carpet bombing, distributed through groove attack. On that tape they play a lot of german funk tracks but also a lot of european breaks from france, italy, poland, chezch and so on.

Peace

Hawkeye

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    I thought the same about german musicians, but I was wrong. There is more crab than fine stuff but there is defenitly some briliant music. The whole Krautrock thing, Niagara, Klaus Lenz, Gitte, Manfred Krug, Su Kramer, Klaus Doldinger, Peter Thomas, Hildegard Knef, Veronika Fischer, Klaus Fischer, Theo Schumann Combo, Michael Naura. And dont forget the great MPS label. But you are right that it is hard to get the god ones. Its not like you pick up a great "ugly" cover and there is some dope stuff on it.

Olski told something about it on this board, if you are looking for some great german funky stuff check out the Funkvergn??gen Mixtapes Vol. 1 and 2. You can get it under www.olski.net Also try to get your hands on the "Ramba Zamba" mixtape from Fader Gladiator and Rick Ski. It is out on the german mixtape label carpet bombing, distributed through groove attack. On that tape they play a lot of german funk tracks but also a lot of european breaks from france, italy, poland, chezch and so on.

Peace
    Hawkeye

WTF? Do you think me don't know about Niagara or Knef? I wasn't talking about German musicians in particular. Just saying that Wunderlich sucks BIG TIME! Just like James Last.

There's more craB than good stuff? You found out through Funkvergn??gen?! Geez! I've know the music of Niagara, Klaus Lenz, Gitte, Manfred Krug, Su Kramer, Klaus Doldinger, Peter Thomas, Hildegard Knef, Veronika Fischer, Klaus Fischer, Theo Schumann Combo, Michael Naura for years now! Funkvergn??gen. I mean they are cool, I guess, but they didn't invent the German digging scene. Neither did Rick Ski blabla (what a stupid name) nor Fader Gladiator (those names are killing me)!!! Talk to old schoolers maaaaaaan. German diggers have known Uschi Br??ning since whatever! I've seen her LPs in peoples crates in 1993, dude!

Hard to get the good ones? Thanks for telling me!

Its not like you pick up a great "ugly" cover and there is some dope stuff on it.

Fader Gladiator and Rick Ski? Get ou of here!

LOL, heute mit dem falschen fuss aufgestanden, ja ?? Woher soll ich wissen wie viel ahnung du hast. Ich wollte nur etwas zu deinem statement sagen das alle Deutschen Musiker dir "schmerzen im Arsch" verursachen. Aber wahrscheinlich liegt deine Grenze was schmerzempfinden betrifft etwas sehr tief.

Einen gepflegten Tag (bei dem Sonnenschein) und etwas Valium empfehle ich dir.

Gruss
    Hawkeye

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    LOL, today with the wrong foot risen?? From where I like much you am to know notion have. I wanted to say only something to your statement all German musicians to you "to hurt in the ass" to cause. But probably your border is appropriate which pain-feels concerns somewhat very deeply. A maintained day (in the sunshine) and something Valium I recommend to you. Greeting Hawkeye

did you think you were safe? thanks babelfish!

No, as you can read there was no reason for trying to be safe, when I saw that Mr.Vulkan on a ego trip was from germany I thought I could reply in our mothertongue.

Peace
    Hawkeye

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    LOL, heute mit dem falschen fuss aufgestanden, ja ?? Woher soll ich wissen wie viel ahnung du hast. Ich wollte nur etwas zu deinem statement sagen das alle Deutschen Musiker dir "schmerzen im Arsch" verursachen. Aber wahrscheinlich liegt deine Grenze was schmerzempfinden betrifft etwas sehr tief.

Einen gepflegten Tag (bei dem Sonnenschein) und etwas Valium empfehle ich dir.

Gruss

Hawkeye

Pisst mich nur an, wie Du die Sache angehst! Und dann Werbung machen f??r Funkvergn??gen?! Ist echt nicht gut, finde ich.

Es geht gar nicht um die Ahnung, sondern darum, wie Du die Sachen gesagt hast! Ich meine, warum sind wir hier auf dem Forum? Ich bestimmt nicht, um mir anzuh??ren, dass Klaus Wunderlich funky Zeug hat, oder, dass Rob Ski Fader tolle Mixtapes hat.

Und ich habe gar nicht gesagt, dass mir Deutsche "Schmerzen im Arsch" verursachen. Das hat Du falsch gelesen. Sondern DIESE Deutschen. Ich hasse es halt, wenn Klaus Wunderlich als funky Musiker dargestellt wird. Seine Platten sind auch mit Summertime Mist! Ansonsten bin ich RIESEN Fan von Deutscher Mucke. Und auch Ost-Europ??ischer! Aber da gibt's nicht nur Muza und Jerzy Milian!

Ja, bin heute schlecht drauf! Weil ich hier alle 4 Wochen lesen muss, dass James Last so geile Platten hat, mit tausend braeks (was interessiert mich ein drum break auf einer miesen Scheibe???)!

Ansosnten 'tschuldigung, aber Werbung ist hier auch Strikt verboten, wenn's nicht um die eigene Musik geht!

@ upskiboo

Which 5 KW LP's that got drumbreaks are you talking about ???

Peace
    Hawkeye

Open drums on schlager joints are often pretty dope sounding, this is also the case with the wonderfull beats of mr Wunderlich...!
    The Beats: There's the one posted on this thread,... there's an album with a Standing In The Road version,...also, there is one with a pink cover that has acouple of nice uptempoish breaks,... then there's a light blueish one with a germanhousewife's daughter (white T-Shirt), very fonky drums,... and finally there's Hammond Pops 6 (another hot germanhousewife's daughter on the cover), with my favorite KW breakbeat, slow and real real dope!!!

wunderlich= wonderfull

peace-

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    Mr.Vulkan

me, ego-tripping? Never that son!

Stop it already! You were the first one to boast and babble! Me saying sorry already! No new beef here! Read on, plaese!

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

wunderlich= wonderfull

peace-

wrong, it's more like wunderlich = strange or queer

Suspicious, ain't it?

OK, I can understand what you are saying, and I'm far away from having beef with anyone. You and me are coming from different sides thats all, I'm collecting drum beats for 15 years now, you not. But I can understand that you dont like to hear all the time about James Last but what are you doin in this thread if you are nerved about the lack of knowledge from foreign collectors about good music from germany. Anyway, I dont wanted to piss you off, after your WTF comment I saw that you were from germany, If I had that seen before I hadnt talked to you about those musicians. I thought you didnt know anything about german music. And the side with the "werbung" . I dont wnated to promote those mixtapes from those dudes, it was just a information about some sources for those who interested in it. And by the way, I think as long as I'm not promoting any Pop chart stuff it is OK to name CD'S, records and so on, because we are talking a lot about music anyway.

Best
    Hawkeye

wunderlich= wonderfull

peace-

Suspicious, ain't it?

translating (for peeps that dont know german..)
    auwright

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    I'm collecting drum beats for 15 years now, you not.

How do you know?

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts

wunderlich= wonderfull

peace-

Suspicious, ain't it?

translating (for peeps that dont know german..)
    auwright

I know, I know, but the correct translation is more fun. Cause Wunderlich is auite a strange character! It's like he made the name up, especially for his kinky music!

You said "I'm not interested in a drumbeat on a wack record" OK, that could mean that you are interested in a drumbreak on "good" record but a drum fanatic buys a weak record for one bar of open drums. I dont want to get into "Haarspalterei" with you. Like I told you I dont wanted to offend you, I just wnated to make it clear that there is good music. Your reaction was like I stepped on your ego because you saw Uschi Br??nning in a DJ case in 93 till infinity, which was never my intention.

Peace
    Hawkeye

• OlskiOlski 355 Posts
    Hey Grope,

no disrespect my friend but I don't agree with your comments on Hype, Rick Ski and Fader Gladiator and Hawkeye didn't do any self-promo (I'm selling his mixtapee too which he didn't mentioned).

I personally believe that both Funkvergnuegen mixtapes (listen here) are great and I haven't heard any other comps/mixtapes that are diggin deeper when it comes to German breaks. And they are very well mixed too! SS is an US board and I doubt that it's easy it is to get these records in the states and since this thread started with a Wunderlich question it sounded like a beginner question. So Funkvergnuegen is a good reference mix.

Rick Ski and Fader Gladiator have funny names indeed but they didn't start digging for German breaks in 98 but in 89. That's when I met them for the first time and they were already deep into this shit. Hype is a few years younger than those guys but his collection of German and Eastern European records is serious. Trust me!

Olski

(PS:Thanks a lot for the Disco 12" hook-up a few months ago! There was some good stuff..)

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    You said "I'm not interested in a drumbeat on a wack record" OK, that could mean that you are interested in a drumbreak on "good" record but a drum fanatic buys a weak record for one bar of open drums. I dont want to get into "Haarspalterei" with you. Like I told you I dont wanted to offend you, I just wnated to make it clear that there is good music. Your reaction was like I stepped on your ego because you saw Uschi Br??nning in a DJ case in 93 till infinity, which was never my intention.

Peace
    Hawkeye

I don't know what my ego has to do with all this. I didn't take your comment on German musicians personal. Maybe, I was a bit pissed by your post, because you were listing all those popular German names. Didn't think that it was needed. Don't know... I'm sorry.

You were trying to knock me out by stressing that you have been in the game way longer than me.

1) How do you know?
    2) Why are you trying to prove that you're more experienced than me?

NEVER MIND THOUGH. Just trying to say that we both exaggerated in this thread. I wasn't the only one to sound snobby. Please excuse. It's all good!

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Chris Waxman - 'Organised' on Decca Phase 4 (did this get a US issue on London?) is a retitled German Klaus Wunderlich LP.

great version of Mas Que Nada...

all those 'Hit World of X' LPs are comps btw