Buskers: Yay or Nay?

nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
99% of the buskers in this town are rubbish. But every now and then you stumble across a great one...I filmed THIS yesterday, they were standing on a corner in the red light district.So, busking in general then, yes or no?

Comments

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    im feelin the nappy headed scat street soul duet.
    i say yay. i dont think anybody's balling off of it. and its better than mtv

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Hells to the No

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    What the fuck is a busker?

• What the fuck is a busker?

Word.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    Busking is the practice of doing live performances in public places to entertain people, usually to solicit donations and tips. Those engaging in this practice are called buskers. Busking is a British term used in many areas of the English-speaking world. In the United States they are more often called street performers or street musicians.

www.bloodbuskers.com

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    I used to play on the street back in the day. Artis was on the street here back then too.

Lots of good players.

Boston has some of the best I've seen.

I heard this guy in a train station in Chicago who sang and shook a little egg, he was great. I used to see the Flying Karamozav Brothers here on the street.

Barcelona had some great street music. The guitarist who was always in front of the Picaso Museum was great.

I think Mr Supreme started dancing on the streets.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Who knows the Ubiquitous Peruvian Band?

• Is that the "SPOONMAN" spoon man?

I used to play on the street back in the day. Artis was on the street here back then too.

Is that the "SPOONMAN" spoon man?

Most people who lived in Portland and Seattle in the early 80s know him from his street performances. Everyone else knows him because he did a song with a grunge band.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    its better than mtv

• the other day this lady was playing guitar and violin at the same time and was pretty good, made my ears perk up for a second.

This other regular guy does sam cooke and otis and carla joints, sometimes with a few backup singers that sometimes kill it. Although if I hear the song "cupid" again my head might explode.

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
    I have 3 words for all of youse:

HYPNOTIC

BRASS

ENSEMBLE

I know we've talked about them before, and I've heard samples of their stuff online, but I saw them live at Union Square subway this past weekend, and they had everyone upstairs in the walkways and downstairs on the platforms grooving out.

I have 3 words for all of youse:

HYPNOTIC

BRASS

ENSEMBLE

I know we've talked about them before, and I've heard samples of their stuff online, but I saw them live at Union Square subway this past weekend, and they had everyone upstairs in the walkways and downstairs on the platforms grooving out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTQa_aU7pfE

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Yes! Bucket players are my hands-down favorite as far as street musicians go. We've got a few great ones in Boston, too.

Bucket headz know the deal.

• PonyPony 2,283 Posts
    This dudes got some beats too...