School me on Brazilian jazz

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
I havent been out lately record shopping on account of not having money/hours of school work on account of my compressed school periods. I want to go out to get some vinyl when I have the chance, please school me on Brazilian jazz because I need some of it in my life. And please make it cheap, like 20$ish.

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I havent been out lately record shopping on account of not having money/hours of school work on account of my compressed school periods. I want to go out to get some vinyl when I have the chance, please school me on Brazilian jazz because I need some of it in my life. And please make it cheap, like 20$ish.

Not cheap, though...

• kidinquisitivekidinquisitive 1,627 Posts
    Tamba Trio on CTI. Especially the one with the trees on the cover. Cheap, common and good.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    thanks, I like a lot of the CTI catalogue, Im sure this will be good.

Oops, I mean Tamba 4. Samba Blim. I'm going to dust this off and listen now.

dude says he got it for 35$ promo copy. Should I go for it?

dude says he got it for 35$ promo copy. Should I go for it?

Depends who dude is.

dude is a record owner of the awesome/overpriced cosmos records, its not a record shop for the people as a friend of mine puts it.

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    dude u scored yourself a genre which is sough after like
    s not easy to find any really good brazilian jazz records for cheap money elsewhere than in brazil. unless you want the common ones.

fuck it, im selling my dvds for this shit. Just heard it on itunes. Shit is . I cant miss out on this shit.

s not easy to find any really good brazilian jazz records for cheap money elsewhere than in brazil. unless you want the common ones.

Well, he should start with the common ones since he's new to the genre and like 16 years old and shit. In all seriousness, cop a Tamba 4, check out some Sergio Mendes. I thought Tamba was a $3-$10 record but maybe things are different in Canada.

Sergio Mendes is great, my dad used to play him all the time when I was 4 through 10.

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts

Well, he should start with the common ones since he's new to the genre and like 16 years old and shit. In all seriousness, cop a Tamba 4, check out some Sergio Mendes. I thought Tamba was a $3-$10 record but maybe things are different in Canada.

..or he could save some $$ and try to hunto down a copy of ana mazotti. love that records, sells for around $100 though. but boy.. if you are 16! this record will teach you what sex is all about.

im 15, son.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

Not cheap, though...

also not cheap, keep your eyes peeled for this one

I heard menudo. I didnt have the $ for it though. Shit is

• For $35 you could buy this great Sambalanco Trio Lp off this guy:

http://www.soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=865913&an=0&page=0#Post865913

Cosmos would sell it for $100-150. You'll find Samba Blim much cheaper if you're patient.

Wow , thanks man. I dont know if I can get it. My parents are iffy about credit card usage over the interwebz. And I dont like spending cash on stuff that has a chance of being lost in the mail. I may go for this offfer though. Thanks again.

does bwana count?

• does bwana count?

No. But if you have slsk download the Tenorio Jr. LP... this is as good as brazilian jazz gets. "Nebulosa" is

download.. where? And yes, bwana is . People say its a one tracker but they need to really listen. Its solid all the way through, like fucking gold.

• dayday 9,612 Posts

Aser has some knowledge on this subject, but you have to trade him recipes for it.

wait what? Day I know you got Brazillian jazz records to drop. Drop knowledge!

• HonkyFippleHonkyFipple 418 Posts

Is SuperPoasterTwo a fake? I mean, I hope he is.

why the hat, son?
    Also thanks for the links.

Ill really need to thank you again. Luiz Bonfa is the type of brazillian jazz I'm looking for. Thank you so much.