for you new york heads....

bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
ever been to table 50 off of bleecker and broadway?went up there on Sunday night and Rich Medina and Bobbito were killin it. Non-stop funk, soul and latin shizz. b-boy's and b-girls everywhere. I felt like I was in a timewarp. I'm curious to know if its always as live as it was that night. respect.

Comments

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    I think my boys were trying to head out there one night...is that where the Farnsworth Bentley and Kanye jammy went down at a couple weeks ago?

Heard good things.

• crazypoprockcrazypoprock 1,037 Posts
    that spot is crazy expensive right? you buy liquor by the bottle at jacked prices or something. they definitley get great djs.

• YO, I going home next week on leave and I been checking that spot's web site, and I def. want to go, but when I first peeped it, they said Pete Rock was supposed to be there, now it doesn't.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    I played at the K-OS release party there last summer w/ JS1. Dude had the house mixer on squash...

it was actually the one w/ the big knobs, but i couldnt find a picture.

i never paid for a drink in that place, but i can only imagine. that's an expensive piece of property.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

• it's a nice spot, but drinks are a bit pricey ($7 for a gin & tonic). but they have dope parties...

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
    my only hang up with the spot was that they didnt have red stripe.

• TheGoochTheGooch 541 Posts
    it's a nice spot, but drinks are a bit pricey ($7 for a gin & tonic). but they have dope parties...

7 is about the average you'll find for a drink. 5-6 for beer.

Pete Rock will be there towards the end of the month.

• bonzaisk8bonzaisk8 946 Posts
    yeah, 5 or 6 dollars for beers is pretty average for DC/NYC...no?

damn, in Miami during the conference, you'd drop 20 bucks for two beers.....ridiculous.

• TheGoochTheGooch 541 Posts
    yeah, 5 or 6 dollars for beers is pretty average for DC/NYC...no?

damn, in Miami during the conference, you'd drop 20 bucks for two beers.....ridiculous.

Try 8 dollars for a bottle of water in Miami

• Yo I remember paying $10 for a Corona at club NV and that was back in 1999 or 2000