Rep your pad or records or books or whatever.

soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
I'm sure somebody just did a "show off your mansion" thread, but I can't find it.Dry record day at the flea today, but $32 got me these movie-oriented goodies. VW book is signed by Tim Lucas.Mandatory guitar shot.There's one less apple in that bowl now.The blue 3-volume set is RUSS MEYER: A CLEAN BREAST. The FRENCH NEW WAVE tome is happy in its role as a literal coffee table book. My owning a signed-by-Jack-Hill original COFFY one-sheet is negated by my liking that Carolyn Hester album.The gay owner of a local club told me that bag is too gay even for him.Best shot of the bunch. Not my poster design, not even my club night. The midget stove is the actual size seen on your screen.Spicy, basically.Cheap oil and cheap wine. The Stella magnums were a gift from a client. Retail value $65 (total).Poster signed by Fred Williamson & Gloria Hendry. They are both nice as fuck. Sculpture next to Godzilla courtesy Dr. Mummy (Milwaukee).This picture is not impressive but the 6-foot long poster featuring Pamela Tiffin definitely is.Stereo rack $25, TV stand $18, record cubes homemade, flatscreen still being paid for, poster a reproduction.I could die happy being strangled by Angelo Mao's pigtails.Hope you liked the tour. Recommend me some good indoor plants.

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    That stove is crazy clean. Do you use it?

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    all I had to contribute, my autographed LPs..but you've already been in this room M**c*

as a bonus a messy office shot...slangin' them raers son

• hendravishendravis 689 Posts
    i love that water babies album~!!

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

Let me holleur at that CF son!

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts

Poster signed by Fred Williamson & Gloria Hendry. They are both nice as fuck. Sculpture next to Godzilla courtesy Dr. Mummy (Milwaukee).

THE FUNKY MUMMY ???!!!??

• TabneticTabnetic 206 Posts

at first i thought that was a pendulum audio under the right side of you desk, but the VU's are to the right...then i was thinking tube tech, but that doesn't seem right either...care to shed some light on what that blue piece of kit is?

oh yeah, here's an old one of the 'uudio....

i feel like so much has changed since i took that...swap out epiphone with a les paul, get rid of the mbox for a 002, and add a nice mic. the bike's still there, though.

• thats the saturator from rsp technologies, just got it not too long ago..havent been able to use it much yet. IMG SRC="http://www.majormidi.com/RSP Saturator.jpg" WIDTH=700>

• show offs...

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    It's spring!

• It's spring!

I think I see the first Tepid Latin Raer buds peeping through the clover. Looks like it'll be a great year for them.

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    It's spring!

I think I see the first Tepid Latin Raer buds peeping through the clover. Looks like it'll be a great year for them.
    I fertilize with hip hop and tacky funk.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Hook-Up your autograph record/poster wall is indeed impressive. Even moreso when it's accompanied by friends, a couple of sixpacks, bud, and Indian food cooking in the next room.

THE FUNKY MUMMY ???!!!??

YES

• all I had to contribute, my autographed LPs..but you've already been in this room M**c*

whats the eddie bo jernt in the bottom right? signed?

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    I got these at a recent antique show. Cheap lobby cards:

OH NO YOU DIDN'T

DONT MAKE ME BUST OUT PHOTO ESSAY PART TWO

Today I made a big trip to The Better Grocery Store Not Near Me to take advantage of a $10 coupon. When I got back, I was hungry as fuck, so any plans to make a big feast were totally out.

So I made pasta w/ Newman's Own Fra Diavolo sauce, which was WEAK. Fuck that shit and go with Classico's Spicy Red Pepper and HT Traders' Arriabatta, which are actually really good. But not everything was canned; I did have enough time to make a nice salad of spinach, tomatoes & walnut with a topping based on what my homegirl whipped up from my pantry one night: olive oil, szechuan sauce, soy sauce, garlic, & cayenne pepper. Try it!

Here's the meal in progress.

And here's the salad, pre-dressing. You're jealous.

I ate that, did some other stuff, then realized I wasn't going to have enough time to make my part of a vegan get-together before Tuesday. So I was back in the kitchen to make channa masala.

For the first time.

Some ingredients:

Carmelizing onions:

Adding tomatoes & spices:

Adding chickpeas:

Looking pretty fucking tasty!

Actually the recipe called for too much salt and I didn't have luck getting cardamon pods today so those will have to be corrected next time, but for a first attempt this batch tasted A-OK.

But it's not for tonight. So I packed it up with some good Punjabi truck-driving songs for the road.

So yep dude I did use the kitchen. And I even did all the dishes when I was done. Ya'll a buncha slobs.

• That stove is crazy clean. Do you use it?

So yep dude I did use the kitchen.

marco - your place is off the hook! i'll try to get some flicks of my home / workspace soon, but until then...

here's a skateboard ride down the hall into our design office / screenprinting studio / art gallery right after we starting moving in, july 2006:

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts

OH NO YOU DIDN'T

DONT MAKE ME BUST OUT PHOTO ESSAY PART TWO

Today I made a big trip to The Better Grocery Store Not Near Me to take advantage of a $10 coupon. When I got back, I was hungry as fuck, so any plans to make a big feast were totally out.

So I made pasta w/ Newman's Own Fra Diavolo sauce, which was WEAK. Fuck that shit and go with Classico's Spicy Red Pepper and HT Traders' Arriabatta, which are actually really good. But not everything was canned; I did have enough time to make a nice salad of spinach, tomatoes & walnut with a topping based on what my homegirl whipped up from my pantry one night: olive oil, szechuan sauce, soy sauce, garlic, & cayenne pepper. Try it!

Here's the meal in progress.

And here's the salad, pre-dressing. You're jealous.

I ate that, did some other stuff, then realized I wasn't going to have enough time to make my part of a vegan get-together before Tuesday. So I was back in the kitchen to make channa masala.

For the first time.

Some ingredients:

Carmelizing onions:

Adding tomatoes & spices:

Adding chickpeas:

Looking pretty fucking tasty!

Actually the recipe called for too much salt and I didn't have luck getting cardamon pods today so those will have to be corrected next time, but for a first attempt this batch tasted A-OK.

But it's not for tonight. So I packed it up with some good Punjabi truck-driving songs for the road.

So yep dude I did use the kitchen. And I even did all the dishes when I was done. Ya'll a buncha slobs.

The salad with the walnuts, the groovy bag, the tidiness, let me be the first to say AYOOOOOO!

M*ke ya'll's studio is fucking amazing. So much props to you and your dudes for having a great place, doing great work, and having fun with friends at the same time. Totally inspiring, dude.

The salad with the walnuts, the groovy bag, the tidiness, let me be the first to say AYOOOOOO!

Aleit stayed on that couch when he rolled through this past winter, and let me tell you he slept like a baby. Whether or not he fills you in on any of the details of that magical evening, or the weekend I visited him in NYC, is totally up to him.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    extreme ayo

marco you rock though

are you taking the CD and the chickpeas on a trip?

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    the werehouse/workespace looks amazing. do you guys have a shirt/design company?
    late pass?

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    REPPIN YOUR PAD STRAIGHT UP AP PUBISMOND STYLE, I SEE

• FrequencyFrequency 115 Posts

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    all I had to contribute, my autographed LPs..but you've already been in this room M**c*

whats the eddie bo jernt in the bottom right? signed?

its the flyer I designed for the Ponderosa Stomp DJ night last year...Eddie did indeed sign it. I was tickled pink when Doc Ira (the Stomp organizer) came up to me saying Eddie really likes the flyer, he was wondering if he could have one...so I got one autographed when I gave him one.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    the couch is indeed comfortable.
    and marco now owns furniture other than u-haul record boxes.
    backpacker hip-hop is alive and well in chapel hill.
    cat hair floats no more through the breezes of the triangle.

get ready mark... i'm rolling back through that way hopefully this may...

• Thanks! It's a fucking blast having this space to work in. 50000% step up from our old spot.

Symin - some friends and i have a design studio called Burlesque of North America and an adjoining art gallery / print shop called First Amendment Arts here in Minneapolis.

Here are some photos of things at home:

Recs in effect.

Toys 'n tapes.

Plush dudes courtesy of The Pressure

Turntables and surrounding things.

Things.

Graphic design and art books.

Paintings I did hanging in my bedroom.

Screenprint / blood painting by Todd Bratrud

Atari Touch Me + My first of many Sabbath tribute art pieces.

Breakfast of champions.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    More pics of studios plaese.

• Thanks! It's a fucking blast having this space to work in. 50000% step up from our old spot.

Symin - some friends and i have a design studio called Burlesque of North America and an adjoining art gallery / print shop called First Amendment Arts here in Minneapolis.

Here are some photos of things at home:

Recs in effect.

nice --- is that a cheeky Sugarloaf LP i spy down there?? i nearly bought that the other day because of the ace looking cover --- is it any cop?

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    M*ke ya'll's studio is fucking amazing. So much props to you and your dudes for having a great place, doing great work, and having fun with friends at the same time. Totally inspiring, dude.

Aleit stayed on that couch when he rolled through this past winter, and let me tell you he slept like a baby. Whether or not he fills you in on any of the details of that magical evening, or the weekend I visited him in NYC, is totally up to him.

Holy shit, I almost missed the POINT BREAK dvd. That's the biggest gay-dar tip-off ever.