Nas/Common collabo

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited April 2005 in Strut Central
why havent they done it? why wont they do it? i think these two together could make some of the most powerful and respected shit ever. is it an ego thing? it would work wondders for both of their careers. if jay and r kelly can combine on some big shit then why not these two 'poets'. i just dont see why this hasnt happened or isnt happening. they both talk about the advancement of this artform...this, with the right production, would be THE album/song. the message/influence would be unstoppable!

eagerly waiting,
hot rod trilliams

Comments

• the3rdstreamthe3rdstream 1,980 Posts
    why havent they done it? why wont they do it? i think these two together could make some of the most powerful and respected shit ever. is it an ego thing? it would work wondders for both of their careers. if jay and r kelly can combine on some big shit then why not these two 'poets'. i just dont see why this hasnt happened or isnt happening. they both talk about the advancement of this artform...this, with the right production, would be THE album/song. the message/influence would be unstoppable!

eagerly waiting,
    hot rod trilliams

the main question is, will there be any free verse on it?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    why havent they done it? why wont they do it? i think these two together could make some of the most powerful and respected shit ever. is it an ego thing? if jay and r kelly can combine on some big shit then why not these two 'poets'. i just dont see why this hasnt happened or isnt happening. they both talk about the advancement of this artform...this, with the right production, would be THE album/song. the message/influence would be unstoppable!

waiting,
    hot rod trilliams

Just plaese to not let them attempt some sort of for the ladies/ sex type rap... Nas is the most consistently awkward dude out when it comes to that sort of thing, and after hearing that phone sex joint off Common's last album, we all know that he's not much better. Cue Reynaldo with a quotable...

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Hmmm maybe then can do a track over a dilla beat then over a kanye beat?

• BELIEVEBELIEVE 257 Posts

they were both featured on jada's why? remix.

but no explicit collabo is probably due to an EGO THANG or a LABEL THANG

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i definitely hope they wouldnt blow their shot on no bullshit song for the ladies or a party joint. these two have the lyrical fortitude to make some serious light. common could use nas' wider fanbase while nas can still get back some of the heads he has lost along the way. it could and SHOULD happen

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    Shaq cannot play with Kobe...

that is all....

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    zzzzzz...

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    If done right, this collabo would definitely contribute to the expansion of subject matter that hip hop needs to stay relevant (post #300667).

zzzzzz...

Jay Z fans are always sleep

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

that is all....

Who is Shaq and who is Kobe in this analogy? I don't either player fits Nas or Common.

Nitpicky.

that is all....

Who is Shaq and who is Kobe in this analogy? I don't either player fits Nas or Common.

Nitpicky.

the best two cannot play on the same team