beginning of the week rackords

parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
edited June 2005 in Record Collecting
finally can cross a few off the want list-The Emotions- "untouched" on staxThe Feminine Complex- "livin love" on athena (damn, this shit rules!)Randy Burns- "evening of the magician" esp-disk psych folkGene Siegel Orchestra- private hippy jazz on pzazz recordsThe Apollo Stars- "power of source" private L.Ron Hubbard lp (just spent the last 10 minutes rescuing it from mold, now it looks minty!)a few 45's-Cleveland Eaton- chitown theme on black jazzRuby Andrews- everybody saw you/can you get away on zodiac

Comments

• HamHam 872 Posts
    two hair lps

afrique - soul makossa

alice babs - serenading duke ellington

ebrahim brian isaacs - bayete

oh and also richard groove holmes - soul message

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    nice fidns morocco

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    I just picked up some LPs for $2 apiece from a nearby spot that has never yielded anything of interest to me before:

Bar-Kays - To Hot to Stop
    Al Green - Livin' for You
    Lonnie Liston Smith - Visions of a New World & Renaissance
    Donald Byrd - Street Lady
    Lonnie Smith - Keep on Lovin'
    Leroy Hutson - Closer to the Source
    Eddie Kendricks - S/T
    The Sylvers - S/T
    The Isley Bros. - Go for Your Guns

All in great condition.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

The Apollo Stars- "power of source" private L.Ron Hubbard lp (just spent the last 10 minutes rescuing it from mold, now it looks minty!)

bwahahaha

I love it how you hate on 99 percent of all music, morocco mole, calling everybody "twelve year old girls" and "spoonfed puppets". Then when you do admit to actually liking something its like fake-azz L. Ron Hubbard jazz. Comedy.

maybe im blind but i dont see anywhere where Morocco said he actually liked that record

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Nope, you won't hear that one on BET or your radio disney channel lil Faux.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    two hair lps

which 2?...I need to refresh the checklist

• Faux has intuition like granma's got apple pie!

maybe im blind but i dont see anywhere where Morocco said he actually liked that record

I inferred that he liked it from his description of the ten minutes that he devoted to lovingly stroking it to a state of mintiness. Perhaps I was mistaken.

You mad?

nope. seems you are though. it's too bad not everyone can pretend to listen to rap and have as good taste in music as Faux Rillz, isnt it?

it's too bad not everyone can pretend to listen to rap and have as good taste in music as Faux Rillz, isnt it?

It is a shame.

Let me remind you of five eminently quotable words, Young Sweater Set:

Cassidy's flow is so nice

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    Just one real world find--from replay recs--that I'm feelin thoroughly:

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Nice one Reynaldo, thanks for gettin this thread back on track. I've been curious about that Savage Ressurection lp. Any chance of a soundclip? Would be much appreciated!

it's too bad not everyone can pretend to listen to rap and have as good taste in music as Faux Rillz, isnt it?

It is a shame.

im not fake homie, i DO listen to rap. and im sorry not everyones flow can be as nice as yours, Faux Rillz. But seriously Faux, if cassidy is weak, and that L. Ron Hubbrad shit is weak, what is good man? i wanna know

Just one real world find that I'm feelin thoroughly:
    dumb nice find homie! congrats

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    dudes, i actually got records this weekend. i havent "dug" for records in about 8 months due to financial strain. but i just came up on about 300 late 50's to early 70s 45s, a few bay rap 12"s, and a mufukin "all cried out" lisa lisa and the cult jam 45. i am now happy.

here's what i can remember out the bunch

jonny otis
    the spacers
    cannibal & the headhunters
    dr. ll love
    the orioles
    the dubs
    baby washington

there's more, i just cant remember right now...

It is a shame.

im not fake homie, i DO listen to rap. and im sorry not everyones flow can be as nice as yours, Faux Rillz. But seriously Faux, if cassidy is weak, and that L. Ron Hubbrad shit is weak, what is good man? i wanna know

oooh. and some shit on clown records with a clown on the sticker.

and a whiz record that someone wrote "PLAESE HALP SOMEONE" on.

sorry...shits slowly creeping back into my memory.

black hole sun 45

faux, dont forget that nelly.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    couple for a buck each today

Eddie Harris "Excursions"..never had seen this one before, pretty damn tough

United States Air Force Academy Falconaires s/t...college band steez with some bangin versions of Coffey's "taurus", Joe Tex's "I gotcha" and Rare Earth's "I Just Want to Celebrate", and some other funky jazz numbers...nice

You missed TheMack's big revelation?

I don't actually listen to rap.

You missed TheMack's big revelation?

I don't actually listen to rap.

nelly is rap?

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    I don't usually do this, but I had a great time in New York, so....

File under "I love Jammyland"/"Thompson Sound Come-Up":

Also from Jammyland (those white labels are killer Dudley "Manzie" Swaby test pressings):

And who says that the Academy Annex is overpriced/ain't got dope rackords?

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    Just one for me:

Valerie Simpson-Keep It Comin'-Tamla 1977

this LP is the definition of modern soul.

That is all.

keep sleepin.

"Don't let him catch you with your work undone."

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    what is good man? i wanna know

• Options
    Someone just called and brought these by for me to buy - about 50 reggae 45's and 15 LP/12's

007 with dope Alphonso joint on the flip (same as the Beverley's JA issue)

Despite the cover, this LP has some very funky moments on it. To bad the dude with the afro kills it (nice sweater, though)!

Most of this guys material is pure doo doo IMO...but I'm diggin this.

K.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    damn you K as usual....

that Augustus Pablo 45 label is sick as fuck.

• Options
    There's a dope Cornell Campbell "You're No Good" blank on that label, too. I belive it was owned by Bunny Lee for his productions (most of which were sided with a Tubby version).

K.

• Options
    A couple other things

The version of "I'm Still In Love WIth You" that Sean Paul Used (same rhythm as "Uptown Top Ranking" by "althea nad Donna" and "Slim THing" by Trinity)

Supposedly, Junior Byles borrowed this tune for "Beat Down Babylon". Meickle was an older childhood friend Byles.

My fascination with middle-eastern sounding ska continues with my $270US purchase of this.

VEry rare Island funk LP (I don't why Guyana is coupled with the West Indies when it's on the South Americn mainland, but it is) with a dep organ funk cover of "Sing a Simple Song" and a dope Gamble and HUff cover.

K.

what is good man? i wanna know

huh? this might be the worst picture of alicia keys ever. looks like shes taking a shit or something and wearing some oddball bedazzled red coat and a corny lace bra...wait a second. is that?...oh, i get it. she got nipple showing. ok, this picture is alright.