OG Check: Billy Butler and Infinity (pride)

99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts
edited April 2007 in Strut Central
I always thought it was a black and white picture on a white background. I just got one and it's more of a bronze color...Which is which?Thanks, 99

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Bronze.

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts

Word, thanks Jonny. Glad to finally have this LP. Anyone else feelin' this album?

love it.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Bronze.

Is there a even vinyl reissue of this?

They used a similar effect on the (excellent) Ollie Nightingale LP on Pride (the satin sheets, are presumably the seller's own):

EROTICDIGGINGPHOTOGRAPHYRAER

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts

I'm real curious about that Ollie N. Does it sound like anything else I might have heard?

If anyone is interested in the Optimistics LP, I believe Lars has a few for sale/trade on recordmania.net

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    Bronze.

EROTICDIGGINGPHOTOGRAPHYRAER

haha. he's got that 'look' in his eyes...

Word, thanks Jonny. Glad to finally have this LP. Anyone else feelin' this album?

Yes. One thing I like about it is that each song represents a relatively unique sonic idea. It's not like they found their sound and then just lazily applied it to a couple of different subjects. It could almost be the work of several different groups, and yet it does all hang together.

Mad flavours represented.

Edit: "It's not like they found their sound and then just lazily applied it to a couple of different subjects"

Lars has the Japanese reissue of the Optimistics.

You would like the Ollie Nightengale, Drew - and it's going for cheaper these days than it used to.

I'm real curious about that Ollie N. Does it sound like anything else I might have heard?

No. It sounds like nothing else you might have heard.

In seriousness, though, it's can't miss. You can get it for around $50--guaranteed not to regret it.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts

Great record!

I need that Optimistics records in a bad way

• Nice pick up, d-ru. love the cover, too...in all its bronzitude.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    love it.

Yup that record is killer. Don't currently own a copy, what's up with that?!