The last record you bought without a cover (RR)

KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
An Australian instructional fitness record with this sassy woman talking about using this Trim Gym thing. The other side is a whole interview with a bunch of health professionals about various things that contribute to health. Nicely recorded too for cutting and sampling.

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    An Australian instructional fitness record with this sassy woman talking about using this Trim Gym thing. The other side is a whole interview with a bunch of health professionals about various things that contribute to health. Nicely recorded too for cutting and sampling.

Is it an original pressing?

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Taste test was inconclussive.

I've sent it to the lab for further analysis.

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    Nice minty copy of the first Incredible Bongo Band LP which replaced the VG- record/VG+ cover copy I owned. I then put the VG- copy in my dollar bin where it sat for about one week.

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    actually this was free in the Ameoba give away boxes...but without a cover.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Actually, I just lost an auction for Johnny Lewis SNJ without a cover. I have the record in a Johnny Lewis Feelings lp.

I was shocked that the vg+ record went for over $25.00. In retro I should have told the auctionee that I had the cover and pooled our resources. I figured I would get it for under $15 easy.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

Old folks in this part of the world tell great stories about how exciting Jimmy Hana was.

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    a bunch of 45s

Old folks in this part of the world tell great stories about how exciting Jimmy Hana was.

I would love to hear some...that record is pretty damn good.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    I grabbed a strangely clean-looking sleeveless OG (taste test = positive) of the first Miracles LP recently for 33 cents

Never even seen that first Tamla logo prior

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    Actually, I just lost an auction for Johnny Lewis SNJ without a cover. I have the record in a Johnny Lewis Feelings lp.

I was shocked that the vg+ record went for over $25.00. In retro I should have told the auctionee that I had the cover and pooled our resources. I figured I would get it for under $15 easy.

Dude, The odd, ironic or funny thing is that it was most likely the original cover [/b] to that exact record itself ! No way to prove but that is just crazy.. Oh well, like you said, the thought didn't occur

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,083 Posts
    I haven't bought a coverless record in quite some time, but I think the last would be this easy listening record from Hong Kong (?) on the red Mayar (MS-1049) label. It's all instrumental and has a couple of interesting tracks with bassoon and Hammond organ

http://www.sendspace.com/file/meauk0
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/8p4jz4

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    pucho and the latin soul bros. - jungle fire

50cents and no cover

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts
    "Jazz Jamboree '75" on Polish Jazz. With Karin Krog and Zbigniew Namyslowski... bought it from Stinky Steve's old warehouse pile of coverless LPs. I think I also got a coverless Lumbee - "Overdose".

Here's the cover:

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    The only good records I saw at Bleeker Bob's
    last time I was in NYC were the coverless albums
    in plain 12" sleeves outside the store.

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    found a few unplayed copies of this record last Saturday, all without the cover
    http://www.popsike.com/php/detaildata.php?itemnr=4863307948

found a few unplayed copies of this record last Saturday, all without the cover
    http://www.popsike.com/php/detaildata.php?itemnr=4863307948

shiiiit!! Those are , if you're selling those plaese to pm me. One of the best african lp's from front to back.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    I bought a sleeveless copy of Chairmen Of the Board "Pay To The Piper" last weekend, so I could couple it with the pic sleeve I had on my wall & give it to my girlfriend because she got me the complete thing for xmas & wanted to keep it for herself so badly then. Record karma works. She was stoked.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    vibes from the tribe

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    Stormtroopers of Death .... ha ha ha. At least it has the inner sleeve with the "lyrics" so I can sing along.

• PunditPundit 438 Posts

I've got that album without a sleeve as well! Fuck , must've picked up somewhere around 2003 or 4.. Trim Gym, maybe it never came with a cover or some dude is just going around taxing them all.

Last LP sans cover for me was Rock N Roll Sandwich La De Dahs..

While we're all down under with it, I copped Leon Berger and Sue Barker for $6 a pop in last 2 days... Both on the snoop-dig-before-going-to-work-tip.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts

great record but fuck i would love that cover

• coffinjoecoffinjoe 1,743 Posts

found this yesterday for cheap
    i can not remember what the cover looks like
    but minty clean dub wax is just as good sans cover

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

I've got that album without a sleeve as well! Fuck , must've picked up somewhere around 2003 or 4.. Trim Gym, maybe it never came with a cover or some dude is just going around taxing them all.

Last LP sans cover for me was Rock N Roll Sandwich La De Dahs..

While we're all down under with it, I copped Leon Berger and Sue Barker for $6 a pop in last 2 days... Both on the snoop-dig-before-going-to-work-tip.

Nice work.

Leon is gettign ridicuous up in here - one of those "i can't pass up dollar copies" records that I need to curb the acquisition of lately. But nice work on Sue. Been hoping I might find another copy of that since I traded away my last spare.