why do the thrifts suck around here?

behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
pawn shops?any shop that has old and dusty shit is always boring as hell. i'm not even talking about finding records, instruments etc.its always just antique stores with furniture.on my days off i look for places just to look throughi have no such luck. is the Hudson Valley of NY thatt boring?

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    never underestimate the power of buying a collection from a house.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    never underestimate the power of buying a collection from a house.

You better get your Jehovahs Witness/Girl Scout Uniform game on. For real, Ive asked a gang old folks about their rekkids in my hood.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

i have no such luck. is the Hudson Valley of NY thatt boring?

No. Step your game up.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I've found AWESOME records in the Hudson Valley!

• The Hudson Valley does have spots with good records. You just have to keep hitting these spots over and over again. Between Newburgh and Albany as well as Utica you can still pull a grail pretty cheap every once in awhile.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

You better get your Jehovahs Witness/Girl Scout Uniform game on. For real, Ive asked a gang old folks about their rekkids in my hood.

Post pic of yourself in said outfit or else thou art soft.

• I wasn't looking for records back when I lived in the Hudson Valley but I would have to guess that there are records in Middletown to be unearthed. I would guess Poughkeepsie could be pretty decent too. Where are you located Behemoth?

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    it is hiding
    i sometimes wish i still lived in $%&*((*&%$#22345_)(*&%$#

this is highest level internal hsing-i form

• I have found plenty of good records while driving through the catskills.

• behemothbehemoth 2,189 Posts
    oh dont get me wrong

ive came up nicely in the area

i have spots i go to on the regular

and further north towards Albany is definitely better

but i feel as if places like Poughkeepsie, Middletown, Newburgh...should all be swimming with atleast stores to check out

and i feel as if theyre all the same

ive done the private house thing

im not really complaining about the lack of records

im just complaining about the initial places (records or not)

like i said....its always an antique store or little thrift stores with no sense of direction

and if you want to add records in the mix...most of these stores got one little crate of garbage

oh and im in Monroe