Post up to 5 Funky 45s you're feelin'

2»

Comments

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    yup, belgian; diques markal. think that's the one you were talking about. found it for $5 (tip off from j03r0) on ebayFrance.

Oh, you mean like THIS?

Thanks for the tip.

• well played...you can be on the bruins!

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    There was actually some heat in the dollar boxes at WFMU last fall,
    like this Syl Johnson-produced effort from Simtec & Wylie, for the
    lordly sum of $2:

...and don't sleep on the other side, "Put An Extra Plus To Your Love," which has the most unearthly major-to-minor-chord-and-back since "96 Tears!!!"

As an aside, I always thought the A-side of A.C. Reed's "Boogaloo Tramp" ("Talking About My Friends") was tuff as well.

• maswaxmaswax 22 Posts
    There was actually some heat in the dollar boxes at WFMU last fall,
    like this Syl Johnson-produced effort from Simtec & Wylie, for the
    lordly sum of $2:

that's been on my turntable all day today as well and i would add:

2. harvey scales & the seven sounds--"the yolk"--chess

3. joe simon--"come on and get it"--sound stage 7

4. la revolucion de emiliano zapata--"mujer latina"--dimeca

5. jose feliciano--"hard times in el barrio"--rca

6. nina simone--"my sweet lord"-rca
    (adding this one since i need a fifth one b/c my first choice was already taken, though this track may not be funky i have been listening to this track all day.)

• 6. nina simone--"my sweet lord"-rca
    (adding this one since i need a fifth one b/c my first choice was already taken, though this track may not be funky i have been listening to this track all day.)

man. i need to find this...the og always gets the turn up treatment on the classic rock stations.

'save me,' was my honorable mention.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

3. joe simon--"come on and get it"--sound stage 7

This is one of the 45s I picked up in London last year, great track! I need to remember where I put it so I can listen to it this weekend.

• maswaxmaswax 22 Posts

6. nina simone--"my sweet lord"-rca

man. i need to find this...the og always gets the turn up treatment on the classic rock stations.

'save me,' was my honorable mention.

i'll check back this weekend at the spot where i picked this one up, there may be another one for 50 cents. keep your fingers crossed...

• word...hollerate.

• Ocote Soul Sounds- Look Sharp / Divinorum (Fruitmeat Records)

Linda Lewis- Sideway Shuffle (Raft)

Black Stash- Mighty Love Man (Seville)

Bobby Rush- Mary Jane (Galaxy)

Dead / Wow- Carolyn Sullivan (Philips)

• maurice mckinnies - sock-a-poo-poo 69' pts 1+2 - black and proud - minnesota funk, side 2 is

mary coleman - i'll make him mine - another tune with a guitarist that is , can't get enough of this one

billy larkin + the delegates - funky - kola shanah - title sums this one up pretty good

david dee - get on up/this would mean so much - vanessa - get on up is a nice uptempo mover with a great intro, "hey ya'll, i want everyone sitting around moaning and groaning, worrying about the worlds situation in vietnam, unemployment, and all other complications, i want you to get up, get on up and move!" the flipside is a funky deep soul tune which happens to be my favorite and is

kenny smith + the loveliters - go for yourself pts 1+2 - flo roe - my buddy brian played this for me and upon hearing drums that were and the line "getting over like a fat rat in a cheese factory with no cats around" i knew i had to have it, this 45 just happened to arrive in the mail today

• nice dude. I need to go to one of those Reggae/Ska nights, that I believe you were a part of?

thanks man. some friends are throwing down this weekend (st. patty's day) but unfortunately i am unable to participate this time around as i will be out of town. if you want to check it out hit me on the pm and i'll shoot you the info as well as see what i can do to comp you and a friend.

• i know mosley and seleno clarke are on MOC. what else is on that label?

Here's a couple of good ones....

Southern stoner funk. Flip is a killer uptempo- I mean UPtempo- funky cut of Fire... The Jimi Hendrix tune.

Wicked garage rock. I also

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts
    5 randoms off the top of the head.

Soul Experience - Who's Lips You Been Kissing (Smoke)

What do you want for this?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

Lee Moses - Bad Girl on Musicor
    Two parts over two sides of a 45, understatedly funky soul 45 with Lee Moses killing it on the impassioned vocals.

I LOVE this, can't ever stop at just the one side.

*this is where I get confused (this is some seriously nit-picky stuff and ultimately, who cares what we call music, but,) I really thought this would be considered a soul song through and through, not sure what's funky about it...

ak. who cares. the song rules. the pleading! the drumming!

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts

This one I picked up locally just recently - everyone knows Billy Sha-Rae's
    "Do It" - but how many have this one, the even better sequel on Triple B?

WOW

• This one I picked up locally just recently - everyone knows Billy Sha-Rae's
    "Do It" - but how many have this one, the even better sequel on Triple B?

WOW

An all-time fave of mine. It's also on Spectrum.

*Brothers of the Ghetto - Rockin' Chair

*Gene Faith - Family Man

*Warren Lee - Mama Said We Can't Get Married

*Paul Kelly - Soul Flow

*Kool & Together - Sittin On A Red Hot Stove

• *Kool & Together - Sittin On A Red Hot Stove
    great track

• bluewaterbluewater 145 Posts
    5 randoms off the top of the head.

Soul Experience - Who's Lips You Been Kissing (Smoke)

What do you want for this?

tough one to find from what i can tell. i paid 160 USD. only got mine recently so im keeping my hands on it.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

Lee Moses - Bad Girl on Musicor
    Two parts over two sides of a 45, understatedly funky soul 45 with Lee Moses killing it on the impassioned vocals.

I LOVE this, can't ever stop at just the one side.

*this is where I get confused (this is some seriously nit-picky stuff and ultimately, who cares what we call music, but,) I really thought this would be considered a soul song through and through, not sure what's funky about it...

ak. who cares. the song rules. the pleading! the drumming!
    Yeah, I did say "understatedly funky". Pretty much I had just listened to it & thought it was too great to not mention, hence the stretch on the classification

• Better Sweet- Like The Flowers.