Cardova, Roisto, Galaxy - Do You Speak Klingon?

SonicReducerSonicReducer 421 Posts
edited March 2007 in Strut Central
What's with this? Is it a Klingon plot to take over Finland? Will you guys be safe in a warrior society with no word for "tolerance"? Don't worry, I got some pull at Starfleet headquarters if it gets too hairy.http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070309/od_uk_nm/oukoe_uk_finland_klingon Finnish MP seeks votes in Klingon[/b] HELSINKI (Reuters) - A Finnish member of parliament is aiming for re-election by campaigning with a translation of his Web site into Klingon, used in the TV series Star Trek. "Some have thought it is blasphemy to mix politics and Klingon," said Jyrki Kasvi, an ardent Trekkie. "Others say it is good if politicians can laugh at themselves."He said his politics posed some translation difficulties, since Klingon does not have words for matters such as tolerance, or for many colours, including green -- the party under whose banner he is running in the national elections on March 18.Non-warriors can also access the site, www.kasvi.org, in English, Swedish and Finnish

Comments

• roistoroisto 879 Posts
    Haha! First time I read this 13 year old post (sorry SonicReducer, don't know if you're still active here). And I could never have thought back then that I would be working with Mr. Kasvi in the local politics of our hometown since 2013.