Sellers...question about shipping to France

Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
I sold a record recently and it went for more than I had anticipated. The winning bidder is from France, has a feedback of 1 positive, and the feedback is set to private.Reading stories on this board has me shook about charge backs and crazy buyers. So my question is...how should I handle this? I was going to insure it and pay for the insurance myself as my own protection. Doing this will mean that I need to fill out the customs form correctly (including the real value). Will this make it through customs without having the buyer charged some duties? Should I just risk it and send it without insurance. Is there any sort of tracking for international mail that I might be missing?Thanks

Comments

• i thought access to private feedback was granted to sellers that have transaction with dude.

two words : " money order" , fuck a chargeback

• he already paid with paypal. Paid within minutes of the auction ending.

I'm just going to insure it and if he has to pay some duties I'll pay him back. I wish paypal would start confirming addresses outside of the US.

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Just send it registered airmail and don't even worry abouy the insurance.
    Then you have proof of mailing for Paypal if things turn sour.
    Should cost an extra $8 on top of the airmail rate.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
    Just send it registered airmail and don't even worry abouy the insurance.
    Then you have proof of mailing for Paypal if things turn sour.
    Should cost an extra $8 on top of the airmail rate.

but will paypal even recognize it as proof? i seem to remember AP saying something about how that only works in the US...

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    [color:white] If you want it to be certain the person got it, the only recognizable way to do so is Express mail. Registered is a nice safeguard, but can't be provided as proof. [/color]

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    If you want it to be certain the person got it, the only recognizable way to do so is Express mail. Registered is a nice safeguard, but can't be provided as proof. [/color]

I coulda sworn somebody on here used it on a chargeback dispute and won (yoigotbeats?).
    Anyway yes, the safest way is Global Express through USPS (which in turn is actually shipped by UPS).

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts
    registered mail is not enough proof for paypal, unless the buyer has a confirmed paypal account (which is impossible if he is in France). I would send dude his money back and tell him you accept money order only. Otherwise, BEWARE. It seems like the real issue with these dudes is condition. If you describe it VG and its not NM, prepare for chargeback.

How goes it Controlleezy?

• Hi Meaty, I'm good.

fingers crossed.