Mystery "Authentic Blues" record (RR like)

CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
Hi all!I recently picked up this record And it??s really, really good. I mean, I REALLY like this record, but it??s a classic budget-label type affair, and the sound quality is shit. So what I??m wondering is if these recordings are available on other LPs or singles, with better sound?Here??s the tracklisting of the back of the record The tracks by Jackie Edwards and the Soulmakers are particularily nice, so any light that can be shed on these guys will be thoroughly appreciated!Thanks - J

Comments

• Hi all!

I recently picked up this record

And it??s really, really good. I mean, I REALLY like this record, but it??s a classic budget-label type affair, and the sound quality is shit. So what I??m wondering is if these recordings are available on other LPs or singles, with better sound?

Here??s the tracklisting of the back of the record

The tracks by Jackie Edwards and the Soulmakers are particularily nice, so any light that can be shed on these guys will be thoroughly appreciated!

Thanks

- J

Not sure who they were, but those tracks came out as 45s on the Daran label. Great, moody souljazz...

• Pretty weird comp, reminds me of those obscure Brazilian DJ comps from the '70s. All of these tracks are culled from the Daran-JaWes-JDO stable in Chicago, owned by James Shelton.

Here are the original 45s:

Little Hite & the Soul Rockers "Fine/ A While Ago" (Ja-Wes 3007)
    Magic Slim "Love My Baby/ Scuffling" (Ja-Wes 0105)
    Jackie Edwards & Soulmakers "The Vamp/ Let Me Love You" (Daran 0108)
    Jackie Edwards & Soulmakers "Evie/ Traveling Slow" (Daran 0109)
    Chuck Rives "Say I Love You/ Inst." (Daran 0104)

• Pretty weird comp, reminds me of those obscure Brazilian DJ comps from the '70s. All of these tracks are culled from the Daran-JaWes-JDO stable in Chicago, owned by James Shelton.

Dante, if it's not axin' too much, any chance of seeing a complete Daran discog?

• Hahey! Thanks guys, I love you Soulstrut.

- J

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Pretty weird comp, reminds me of those obscure Brazilian DJ comps from the '70s. All of these tracks are culled from the Daran-JaWes-JDO stable in Chicago, owned by James Shelton.

Dante, if it's not axin' too much, any chance of seeing a complete Daran discog?

My favorite:

Daran 613 Willie Davis - Why Did You Leave Me / I Learned My Lesson

The B is a killer.