GO LISTEN TO SUPERTOASTERS BEATS NOW

1235»

Comments

• props to the little man for taking a stand.

soulstrut should take supertaoster and shape him into a well lubed diggin upandcomer. i can see the reality show now.

ps. I copyrighted the script for this already, so dont even think about it.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    the Memphis Bleek of instro-hip hop

• post your favorite "hip-hop" record and single or you're goose feather pillow material
    THE POSTING OF YOU FAVORITE RECORD IS IN ORDER: POST NOW OR FOREVER BAN

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts

post your favorite "hip-hop" record and single or you're goose feather pillow material
    THE POSTING OF YOU FAVORITE RECORD IS IN ORDER: POST NOW OR FOREVER BAN
    dude get over it. Picking on 15 year olds is so not a good look.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    the 4th month of samping

This is the second day running that I have had to seriously restrain myself from breaking down into fits of laughter and drawing the attention of the entire office to the fact that I am looking at soulstrut and not finishing my 6-month workplan!

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts

I hear another war. I need to get off this site, this magazine was the only revenge I could get back at to all those haters. Well I suggest I GETTHEFUCKOFFTHISSITE before like someone like madlib comes on and I piss him off. Ill go on in a couple years when I am Next Level like allofyall.

are you finally done replying now? We got the point.

In just one paragraph:

I hear another war
    GETTHEFUCKOFFTHISSITE
    madlib comes on and I piss him off
    I am Next Level like allofyall

Priceless

• montymonty 420 Posts
    I have been at this for 4 months and have already been in a magazine, I guess I fail and I am just "a 15 year old". Sorry gize.

shit, MAN, i was all over newspapers, radio, and shit when i was 6 years old. and by the time i was 15, i was on the road leading my own jazz quartet. and this was before samping(sic), we actually had to play that shit on actual instruments -- i'm 66 now, and i'm still learning how to put music together.

sure, your instrument, (records, samper(sic), and your other gear is an actual instrument that has been used by lots and lots of extremely talented people, and has a history of development that if you don't learn, you will be cursed to repeat.

no matter how much of a bitch, how much of a talent, how much desire... you have, learning and getting better is a daily process that never ends.
    Duderonomy

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

no matter how much of a bitch, how much of a talent, how much desire... you have, learning and getting better is a daily process that never ends.

Supertoaster, you have just...like... been hella schooled by Monty.

Rekonize

And a musician just schooled a sampler
    which is officially

• i think Monty just sonned us all.

• revenge [/b] I could get back at to all those haters.

• montymonty 420 Posts
    revenge [/b] I could get back at to all those haters.

naw, Super just sent me a nice PM -- full of humility.

• shit, MAN, i was all over newspapers, radio, and shit when i was 6 years old. and by the time i was 15, i was on the road leading my own jazz quartet. and this was before samping(sic), we actually had to play that shit on actual instruments -- i'm 66 now, and i'm still learning how to put music together.

incredible stuff Monty. much respect.

as a drummer for close to 20 years now, i can never get enough of the live sessions, arrangements and performances. that is definitely where the art form is and in my opinion will never get old. i mean just finding the right way to mic drums can take a lifetime to learn.

here's a little setup from a couple days ago: what do you think of the micing techniques? also have two AKG 414's as over heads with an ORTF setup with DPA's in the back. holler atcha boy Juan Covas!

• montymonty 420 Posts
    yeah, in the 24trk 1970s we had to close-mic everything or we wouldn't be doing our job. the problem is phasing with all those mics leaking into each other. the best drum sound i ever got was a mic in the kick, and stereo overheads aimed at the snare, (not ORTF) - three mics - no phasing problems, sounded real and hot... perfect balance of the hat, toms, snare, cymbals. perfect stereo image... incredible. (you need distance or isolation from other instruments to do that of course, and people are going to think you don't know what the fuck you're doing)

• yeah, in the 24trk 1970s we had to close-mic everything or we wouldn't be doing our job. the problem is phasing with all those mics leaking into each other. the best drum sound i ever got was a mic in the kick, and stereo overheads aimed at the snare, (not ORTF) - three mics - no phasing problems, sounded real and hot... perfect balance of the hat, toms, snare, cymbals. perfect stereo image... incredible. (you need distance or isolation from other instruments to do that of course, and people are going to think you don't know what the fuck you're doing)

knowledge dropped (from a another drummer). The only reason I checked this thread is because I saw monty was the last to post.

• yeah, in the 24trk 1970s we had to close-mic everything or we wouldn't be doing our job. the problem is phasing with all those mics leaking into each other. the best drum sound i ever got was a mic in the kick, and stereo overheads aimed at the snare, (not ORTF) - three mics - no phasing problems, sounded real and hot... perfect balance of the hat, toms, snare, cymbals. perfect stereo image... incredible. (you need distance or isolation from other instruments to do that of course, and people are going to think you don't know what the fuck you're doing)

yeah phasing was an issue on two instances but once we flipped the polarity on the effected channels, things were cool. come to think of it, we also had a MS Setup where we duplicated one of the channels then flipped the polarity then brought up the center channel on top of the left and right to widen the room sound out. definitely sounded better than the ORTF. seems like it's a good technique for that big room, minimal mics sound.

• genomgenom 19 Posts
    honestly, add some drums to your tracks...

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    honestly, add some drums to your tracks...

no no no no no no no no.....

but I'm biased because lately I've been trying really hard NOT to add drums to my shit. Its hard. After a few bars it feels like the drums are supposed to drop. how do i say no?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Classique B0mp

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Read the first post in the thread and was like, Damn Soundcloud is nine years old? Time is flying! 

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts

Duderonomy