Insane Private Press Lp! Who knows this record?

cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
edited February 2007 in Strut Central
Sorry for the huge photos but small ones just didn't do it justice.This record is a freakin' trip! A crazy hodge podge of styles allrolled into one....Spoken word/jazz/pysch/electronic/tape loops/found sounds/sound effects/funk/avant, you name it's got a little bit of it.The artist is David Snow, and the title is "The Passion..."The label is Contemporary Music on Record-Opus One-Number 55."All music is performed by the New Hippies"Recorded 1978, Yale Electronic Music Studios, New Haven.Who knows this one? Price czech?Crazy right!? This dude was on space drugs!

Comments

• Sorry for the huge photos but small ones just didn't do it justice.
    This record is a freakin' trip! A crazy hodge podge of styles all
    rolled into one....
    Spoken word/jazz/pysch/electronic/tape loops/found sounds/
    sound effects/funk/avant, you name it's got a little bit of it.
    The artist is David Snow, and the title is "The Passion..."
    The label is Contemporary Music on Record-Opus One-Number 55.
    "All music is performed by the New Hippies"
    Recorded 1978, Yale Electronic Music Studios, New Haven.

Who knows this one?
    Price czech?

Crazy right!? This dude was on space drugs!

id like 2 hear some of thiz!
    i like space drugs , heh

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    It'll be advertised very soon in the classifieds section (I paid the $$$
    but haven't received clearance to post), and the
    auction will have a bunch of soundclips by Friday night.

• Opus one is small but not private and released some great recordings. Joel Chadabe, black earth ensemble, etc.

Unfortunately they also released like several hundred other records of misc. tape montage, electronic, and avant-garde stuffs.

I haven't waded too deep (don't know this one) but for a while you could get them all at rock bottom prices direct. Not sure what their stock is. They're based in the northeast somewhere - maine? I'm spacing at the mo.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    Opus one is small but not private and released some great recordings. Joel Chadabe, black earth ensemble, etc.

Unfortunately they also released like several hundred other records of misc. tape montage, electronic, and avant-garde stuffs.

I haven't waded too deep (don't know this one) but for a while you could get them all at rock bottom prices direct. Not sure what their stock is. They're based in the northeast somewhere - maine? I'm spacing at the mo.

Thanks!
    A couple people have said the same thing about Opus One,
    small but not private. The liner notes and packaging are kind
    of vague and confusing so it's hard to tell some the pertinent info.
    Like the label name etc.