Hi, I'm gNAT, and I'm a Caffeine-a-holic (Wagon R)

GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
So, I realize that most people accept caffeine addiction as a norm and are more concerned with quitting the hard shit, but I am wondering if any fellow strutters ever quit, or significantly reduced their caffeine intake, and what benefits/side-effects came of it?I feel like coffee makes me real jittery and non-chill when I need to fall back and relax. Plus its giving me the scoots lately. Anyway, please share experience.Thanks for your thoughts.

Comments

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    My intake is: 2-3 large cups of joe in the AM and 1 cup plus 2 12 oz. pepsis in the PM. That's about 72 oz./day.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Can't quit. Best I can do is keep the caffiene and alcohol on opposite sides of the day -- no need for that speedballin' action.

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    Drink coffee about once a week and feel great...!

• Drink coffee about once a week and feel great...!

I drink green tea about twice a day and I have coffee once a week. Green tea might be a good way for you to cut back on your coffee. Green tea has about 1/3 of the caffeine.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    So, I realize that most people accept caffeine addiction as a norm and are more concerned with quitting the hard shit, but I am wondering if any fellow strutters ever quit, or significantly reduced their caffeine intake, and what benefits/side-effects came of it?

I feel like coffee makes me real jittery and non-chill when I need to fall back and relax. Plus its giving me the scoots lately. Anyway, please share experience.

Thanks for your thoughts.

• on a related note, i haven't biten my nails in 6.5 days, which is the longest ever.

there starting to look really tempting; lot of corners ready to go.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

realllll good with honey and soy milk.

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts

Do you use the gourd (mate) and bombilla?

• Drink coffee about once a week and feel great...!

I drink green tea about twice a day and I have coffee once a week. Green tea might be a good way for you to cut back on your coffee. Green tea has about 1/3 of the caffeine.

thats how i used to be until i found out that green tea has the highest content of fluoride in it. it even as been shown that you can get to toxic levels of fluoride by just drinking green tea. i cut down dramatically after that and started drinking white tea instead.

don't sleep. shit is real. fluoride kills.

but yeah, not to derail this thread. i drink about 1 cup of coffee a day and try to keep the soda away, but it aint easy i'll say that much.

ez.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts

I weened myself off of it once. Took about a week and I felt like shit. I don't know if you make it at home or go to a cafe, but ever try espresso/americano? I find it to be more of a long lasting, slow release effect than regular coffee, which tends to jack me up for 15 minutes then make me crash.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    i quit coffee a few years ago
    now i am trying to quit tea/iced tea
    i am 3 days on the wagon and it is no problem
    had some headaches the first two days
    gnat you should drink more h20 or juice
    pepsi will kill you

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,083 Posts

don't sleep. shit is real. fluoride kills.

No offense, but that's junk science, like what is said about cell phones giving you brain cancer. It can't possibly be any worse than all the other traces of toxic and radioactive chemicals consumed or breathed-in by humans on a daily basis.

• don't sleep. shit is real. fluoride kills.

No offense, but that's junk science, like what is said about cell phones giving you brain cancer. It can't possibly be any worse than all the other traces of toxic and radioactive chemicals consumed or breathed-in by humans on a daily basis.

junk science?

sorry man, this is far from "junk science". granted we're dealing with toxic chemicals everyday that are hazardous to us, but you need to look at what fluoride is in detail. it's an industrial waste bi-product that has been linked to cancer time and time again. the reason that it's been hushed down is because it's just too expensive to get rid of, so we've been coaxed into thinking that it's good for our dental hygene.

here's some info to get up on: like i said, shit is real.

http://www.consumerhealth.org/articles/display.cfm?ID=19990303222823

http://nteu280.org/Issues/Fluoride/NTEU280-Fluoride.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_fluoridation

ps. once more, my bad gnat for hi-jacking your thread.

peace.