The somber hip-hop piano intro

2»

Comments

• but right now i mostly can't get that "ugly people be quiet" intro out of my head.

Tears for Fears' "Head over Heels"?

• temperatures rising.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    beatnuts- do you believe

electric piano? vibes? guitar?
    Pretty somber regardless.

Also, peep 'Many Men', fiddy loves the somber piano intro, all of Aftermath come to think about it...

• Thurd Sight - Hostage

- J

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts
    New-York State Of Mind

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    New-York State Of Mind
    The main loop was a piano, not the intro.

• Also, peep 'Many Men'

Yes, this is my shit!

I was listening to Get Rich... the other day... really good album that dare I say is slept on? at least by the soulstrut set.

The main loop was a piano, not the intro.

there are some tunes listed here that are neither somber nor piano. I am concerned that people supposedly so deep into music are unable to identify "somber" and "piano"

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    Thurd Sight - Hostage

- J

good call

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

there are some tunes listed here that are neither somber nor piano. I am concerned that people supposedly so deep into music are unable to identify "somber" and "piano"

Son - you know "reading comprehension" is not high on the skills list of Strutters in general. I'm surprised no one's been posting up bassline songs.

I'm surprised no one posted up "Fudge Pudge" though I'm not sure how "somber" it really is.

• Eric B. & Rakim "Put Your Hands Together."

• Juggaknots - Loosifa

some somber keys on the intro to 'Romper Room,' as well. more electro, and with the speech, but still 'of a time'.

• ScottScott 420 Posts
    Nine - Redrum
    PRT - Miss Ghetto (a little humming in there, but you get the point)
    Spice 1 - Tell Me What That Mail Like
    OK - Fudge Pudge (a stretch)

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Eric B. & Rakim "Put Your Hands Together."

That's the second thing that came to mind.

Ultramagentic MC's - Funky came to mind. I dont know if Cocker's piano is somber enuff though.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Straight Up Menace.
    YES! wake yo
    muthafuckin punk ass up!

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

I'm glad Jonny covered something 9 yrs ago I was bout to post now to ghosts that ain't here.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

Here is an oldie but a goodie:

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    RAJ said:
    Hey Raj,

That is one of my favorite tracks off of "Soul Survivors."  It's such a departure for Pete Rock in terms of mood.  Great pick!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak