WiiStrut

bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
edited January 2007 in Strut Central
on a hungover rampage, my cuzes and i called ever single walmart in the tri state area, and found a boatload (fyi: walmart gets a shipment everday according to the salesgirl i flirted with).shit is bonkers. most fun ive had drunk and playing video games.

Comments

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    i still havent played one.

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    graphics are

game play is

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    most fun ive had drunk and playing video games.

Yuuuuup. I've seen some people fall over hilariously playing Wii boxing. The thing is worth it almost just for those minigames cause they're so damn fun.

• snosno 332 Posts
    Bought a Japanese import almost a month ago and have been playing with these games ever since: (Note: Mine's is a Japanese import so I can play Japanese games only)

Wii Sports : it's a must have. Tennis, Bowling and Boxing are way off the hook!

Red Steel : FPS is a totally new experience with Wiimote and Nunchuk. But I am not sure if I have a faulty disk or my newly upgraded firmware is having problem : the game freezes whenever I try to load up the dojo-shootout stage (67% of the game completed)

Wario : party game at its silliest best. The games are fun (all party games last 5 second : you either win or you lose in a blink of an eye), but you cannot help but thinking, is that some R&D guys throws all sorts of Wiimote control scheme on the wall and see what sticks.

Need for Speed Carbon : The graphics looks more like PSP than XBox or PS3, but the fun control of Wiimote holding sideways (you grab it like a steering wheel) amped up the immersive factor. The cutscene are like outtakes from a Straight to Video installment of the Fast and the Furious Franchise.

• PunditPundit 438 Posts
    I bowled 238 on wii bowling after a few bongs last night. Got my pro rating going on.

• snosno 332 Posts
    anyone tried the Wii Opera browser? i am posting this message from my Wii browser.

• PunditPundit 438 Posts
    it's clunky and still in trial mode. I fucked around with it briefly but wouldn't bother trying to do any text stuff on it til they bring out a wiiboard.

• parenparen 537 Posts
    Wii Sports: Tennis: yea, Bowling yea, Golf ??? eh, Boxing ??? eh. I???ll never get tired of watching friends play tennis for the first time.

Rayman Raving Rabbids: first mini-game offering is overall pretty ??? eh to me, but then again I always thought the Rayman character was pretty weak. I did like cow-throwing and the DK-Bongos-style drumming to ???Good Times???.

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess ??? Head and shoulders above any other game that???s out for the Wii. The play control is great and takes advantage of the new controls and logical movements. However, the enemies are far too easy in comparison to the high complexity of the puzzles / dungeons. I???ve put 14 hours in and I???m only in the second dungeon. I don't really have time for this game at the moment.

Elebits: Fun at first, but grows repetitive and doesn???t really have the staying power that I???d hoped. Sure you can view collections of items found in the game but this is *not* a Katamari replacement. The ability to customize maps and send them friends in your address book is good functionality that I suspect will be better applied in better games.

Red Steel: Terrible... Overall play control is weak .The zooming action couldn???t be worse, the sword controls are poor. The storyline and cut scenes are eh, load times are eh, multiplayer is eh. I rather just DL GoldenEye from the online store (were it available).

Online store games: I???ve purchased: Alien Crush, Bonk???s Adventure, Bomberman, Super Mario Brothers, Echo the Dolphin, and perhaps one other ??? all games that I owned on their respective OG systems. We didn???t bother to pick up a classic controller, but it???s still fun to play these for a few ??? not really anything new since they???ve been easily accessible via emulators for quite some time, but nostalgia is a big sell.

I???m waiting to see how Warioware, Mario Party, Metroid, MarioKart, etc offerings fair on the system before I make a final judgment, but as expected, there???s never been a more fun spectator system.

Now...

Post your Wii system number or you???re soft![/b]

(I???ll throw mine up when I get home from the office.)

• parenparen 537 Posts
    more importantly... post your Mii or you're soft.

• gravelheadwrapgravelheadwrap corn 948 Posts
    Maaaaaaaaaan, I want to play my Wii. But, I'm letting a friend borrow it for a few days---to play the Twilight Princess.

The only other game I have is Elebits, I like it a lot but its true---gets very repetitive. Cannot wait for Warioware that comes out soon, loved those games on the handhelds.

Internet browsing with the Opera browser seems sort of silly, I hope the the final version is a little different than the trial version. But, somehow I'm thinking you will constantly have to be zooming in, in order to read text.

I really want to play Excite Truck, after hearing it wasn't that great, now I keep hearing that it is one of the best launch titles. A couple of my friends have picked it up and love it so that is enough for me.

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    Zelda Twilight Princess is the shit. I am pretty close to the final battle , but I already spent around 80h on it...

Red steel is fun, but not my cup of tea.

wii sports is amazing. boxing and tennis (play a double with four players )

super monkey ball is even better and includes a bunch of minigames as well.

• im finally getting exercise! yay!

• got one the day they came out. drunken bowling since. wii and zelda =

soulstrut wii code ring is a good idea. my friend code= 3078 5567 7193 8070. holler if you add me.

Highest score in bowling?

233 for me, I've seen people get 300s.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    That bowling game is my shit, I could play it for hours on end.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    how much are these things

• Highest score in bowling?

never seen anyone bowl a 300? anything crazy happen?

• parenparen 537 Posts
    how much are these things

$250.00 get you the system, Wii Sports, and one Wiimote - nunchuk combo. Additional Wiimotes are $40.00.

worth every penny.

• parenparen 537 Posts
    my Wii system number = 2183 6219 5266 3083.

yall are super soft.

Highest score in bowling?

never seen anyone bowl a 300? anything crazy happen?

if I remember right, nothing special happens at all

my Wii system number = 2183 6219 5266 3083.

yall are super soft.

I'll get mine soon, friend is borrowing my system right now

I don't really use it, but the weather channel is real cool---that globe is

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    how can i get zelda? i have a US Wii

• snosno 332 Posts
    it's out already. perhaps walmart stocks them? Here in HK, US version of Zelda is about HK$400 (65USD).

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    OMG!!!!

• snosno 332 Posts

Snake is going to be in it?????
    (Thought Konami/Kojima studio are complete PS3/Sony bitches, but guess I thought wrong. Perhaps there's hope for Metal Gear on Wii afterall)

• SnagglepusSnagglepus 1,756 Posts
    OMG!!!!

PIT = Kid Icarus

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Time for that game to come back.

OMG!!!!

I'm looking so so forward to this game---I've catalogued so many hours with Smash Bros Melee for the Gamecube with friends.

Can't wait for that Warioware game that comes out real real soon this month either.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    OMG!!!!

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    Can't wait for that Warioware game that comes out real real soon this month either.

Just added some peeps

Let me know if you add me:

7301 3715 3651 0881