THE JB REMEMBERANCE THREAD!

2»

Comments

• this famous Ed Sullivan vid where James wouldn't stop playing and they had to cut to commercial and when they came back from commercial James was still playing

Sounds like his early-80's appearance on Saturday Night Live.

What you really should watch in memoriam: any old episodes of Future Shock (his syndicated dance-party TV show from the 70's).

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    What song is this?

• What song is this?

"World." He's seen performing it on The Music Scene, a TV series that ran for a few months on ABC in 1969-70.

This isn't even one of his better songs, yet the performance was so riveting I had to sit through it...

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    What song is this?

"World." He's seen performing it on The Music Scene, a TV series that ran for a few months on ABC in 1969-70.

This isn't even one of his better songs, yet the performance was so riveting I had to sit through it...

Here's some more info on the tune:

JAMES BROWN
    World (Part 1 & 2) (King 70)
    This is from Brown's It's A New Day LP. World is just a great soul-funk number by Brown. It features a really lush arrangement with a female chorus throughout.

• YemskyYemsky 707 Posts
    Probably the best megamix type thing of JBs stuff ever.

I have this CDV but no device to play it on. 

https://www.discogs.com/James-Brown-The-Payback-Mix-Part-One/release/918807

It contains a video by somebody called Sarah Bayliss for the Coldcut mix. I have asked on numerous forums whether anyone has a CDV player or whether somebody could post this video on YT. I even tried to find her on social media but got no reply. 

Does anyone have this clip?