Oink

TheBeatGoesTheBeatGoes 711 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
oink.me.ukhow do i get an invite, i wanna be down

Comments

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    It's really not that great IMO. I've yet to find anything on there I want that isn't available on public trackers, soulseek or Demonoid.

• Albumbase.com

Same idea, but with Rapidshare, Megaupload,YSI, etc. links to zip or rar's. No invites needed, and they have a ton of good hip hop up.

Albumbase.com

I'm not into that "you must complete our partner offer" crap.

• Haha yeah I know what you mean. I don't remember it being too big of a problem, though.

My bad. I guess you don't have to complete the offer in order to DL (even though they claim you do).

• demonoid is great if you like low bitrate, incomplete albums.

• thanks, i could care less about full albums but i'm trying to see some microwavable bitrates, some internet stuff i gotta delete right after i download it because the sound quality is ass.

that goes for some of my 90's rap CDs too, play "The Creator" on Microwave in one channel and on vinyl in the other, even if you match the levels the bass doesn't sound close, with newer stuff they do a better job.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    The Problem with Oink is.. After the first couple days of a file being uploaded then no one else will download... there's constantly seeds on files, but you'll rarely get anyone to leech off of you. It's too easy to get a bad ratio on. The only way to maintain a ratio is by uploading new stuff, and specifically.. new mainstream releases. eh.. I get most of my music from a store or from soulseek. If you really want an invite there's a few Mirc rooms where you can ask for one. Or if your a member to other private torrent sites they usually will trade invites (Karagarga).

- spidey

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    Speaking of which. Join KARAGARGA now.. Registration is open (FREE).

KG is whole lot better then oink. Lot of cooler shit. That you can't find elsewhere on the net.

- spidey

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    oink ratio isn't that hard to deal with. people on there are crazy about encoding formats so you can upload like a flac, 320, and vbr rip of a cd and people will download one of them. i am sure if you post on here you will have at least something that is not up on there yet. if you just leave your stuff seeding for a while, you will eventually get your ratio up. i had my oink ratio even for the longest time until i started downloading gigantic sample libraries.

• PM me for an invite.

Although this won't apply to a new user, currently they aren't factoring what you download into your ratio, but they are keeping track of what you upload/seed. So you can basically download anything and it won't F up your ratio. Site is running slow though because so many people are using it right now.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I hope anyone who's been a member for a minute, is gettin' there oink on...