GEMM store Vs EBAY store

frenziefrenzie 174 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
So I want to set up an online store to sell a heap of records from my collection..Wondering what people think of GEMM as oposed to EBAY..Reason why I am leaning towards GEMM.. (although admittedly I don't know alot about it as yet):- GEMM can be easily intergrated with my existing website. This is a big plus for me, as I envisage getting a lot of local traffic through from my website. - I can fully customise my Gemm store to look like other pages on my website- No monthly charges like EBay. Instead they take a cut from the sale once sold.Has anyone had experience with Gemm? Have you sold much stuff through it?Most of the records I intend on selling are a heap of back catalog stuff / 12" / albums etc of all the different styles I have played throughout the years - so It's not really a store where I will be selling heaps of raer funk/jazz and stuff (I'm keeping all that stuff) - so I expect stuff to be sitting online for a while, which is why I don't want monthly ebay charges.thoughts??

Comments

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    The only thing I'd say abut GEMM is that you have to be patient - stuff can move a lot slower than on ebay but then again when it does sell it goes for the price you set.

• The only thing I'd say abut GEMM is that you have to be patient - stuff can move a lot slower

I kind of expected that.. I'm in no rush. These are rcords that I have collected over the last 15 years, so there is no expectation from myself to get rid of them straight away. Otherwise I would just go and drop them down my local 2nd hand shop (and get peanuts for them).

Thanks for the tip though. Appreciate it.
    Anyone else had experiences (good / bad) with Gemm?? The more I read up on it, the more it sounds like it will allow me to set up my store the way i envisaged. Just wanted to get some opinions though before I jump right into it..