yall so stupid - van full of pakistans

pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
I just found this cd in a huge tower of promo shit from NPR's studio. Originally bizarre ride part 2 promos with the paperwork inside them and these dudes. Some blog posted this shit a while ago and I was feeling it. Maybe cocaine blunts? Anyways, shit is pretty cool. Has that mad kap, funkdoobiest, west coast vibe. ill post some shit up later.

Comments

• ageage 1,131 Posts
    I agree..Probably one of the best raps I heard when it came out.I remember getting promo 12's of that "85 South" sent to me what seemed like every other week(along with Illegal and other assorted peep's that were on the Rowdy label).

That 1st track though(If I remember called "Introduce Me")Just heard that Baby Huey "Hard Times" sample and I was sold..Suck a hype track man!

Peace and respect:
    Adrian

• i used to bump that tape in my walkmin on the regular in middle school, back to back to back all day long with ice cube and atcq

• p_gunnp_gunn 2,284 Posts
    i had "85 south" taped off the radio when i was 14 or 15, so i was super psyched to find a mint copy ofthe 12" in the garbage next to my apt a few years back... i also bought the second single off that album (The Plant, i think it was...) off Stinky Steve for 2 bucks a long while back... still never heard the whole LP...

there, i'm done cross referencing threads...

• shit was dope as far as I can remember. Dudes skating and shit..

arent they Mass Influence now?

• shit was dope as far as I can remember. Dudes skating and shit..

arent they Mass Influence now?

yes, some members of yss are in mass influence now. h2o has a myspace profile. he's a cool guy and he's lately working with devil mcdoom from soulstrut.

i really like the lp. others don't. can't wait to read more replies. yall so stupid was hated on here recently.

anyone remember da king & i. another good band on rowdy records. let the haterade begin!!!

• yeah they were one of the earlier hip hop groups that made any kind of noise from Atlanta. A lot of people weren't really feeling them though as far as I know. I loved it. Not such a fan these days, but I respect it still. The Plant was a cool track. I have all the wax they put out (the singles, promo and pic cover, and the LP) and I will probably hold onto it all for a while. It's funny somebody said they sound westcoastish, I never thought about that, they do kinda have that madkap sound but I think their shit might pre-date madkap. 1991/92, madkap was 92/93 or later.

• I bought ???Van full of???.??? after seeing the ???85 south??? video on MTV. I thought it sounded OK and that the crew might have good potential so I ordered the album and to be honest I never got into it. I love that west coast style (ala Mad Kap/Pharcyde) but I thought Ya???ll so Stupid where a little lacklustre.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    At the time that it came out, I thought their album was pretty darned good.

• anyone remember da king & i. another good band on rowdy records. let the haterade begin!!!

I thought that was a dope album!

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    This is the only record people seem to re-discover. Its like this could be a sticky, along with "Drug Tests" and "What Is The Best Portable"?.

This thread also needs Faux Rillz to complete the cipher.

peace

h

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    Da King & I was a better album coming out around the same time on the same label. Yall So Stupid was respectable at the time, but a lotta the tracks haven't stood the test of time well.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    This is the only record people seem to re-discover. Its like this could be a sticky, along with "Drug Tests" and "What Is The Best Portable"?.

This thread also needs Faux Rillz to complete the cipher.

peace

h

Seriously--Ya'll So Stupid should probably just have their own section of the site. There should be a link to it on top of the page, right beside "Forums," "Reviews," etc.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Maybe cocaine blunts?

I think you're mistaken.

• Maybe cocaine blunts?

I think you're mistaken.

Right - I think they're confusing it with Trap Snapper's pioneering 1995 drug-rap tape "Trunk Full Of Pakistan".

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Maybe cocaine blunts?

I think you're mistaken.

Please don't lie.

The first time I ever met you, I said to myself "Here is a guy who is totally on that Mad Kap Funkdoobiest 94 ill-out vibe."

Something about the way you dressed...

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    Right - I think they're confusing it with Trap Snapper's pioneering 1995 drug-rap tape "Trunk Full Of Pakistan".

See now you're confused. Drug rap didn't exist until 2002. You might be thinking of the Trapper Keeper that I had in 1995.