E-Junkie....what happened?

TheBeatGoesTheBeatGoes 711 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
?

Comments

• Only a matter of time before it was busted.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    My guess is that they're going to simply rename themselves and start up elsewhere. As part of the "Re-Up Gang" of bloggers, the same files that appeared on their site were mirrored at a few others.

• Only a matter of time before it was busted.

true...it was a little TOO good to be true, esp cause it was on googles servers. i thought this post would inspire someone to let us know where the NEXT place to look should be.

Ain't a mystery god.

Start here: http://biggboyprod.blogspot.com/

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    That site was around for a long time... I actually stopped looking at it way back

The guys who ran it were insistent that it was not illegal

Interesting - E-Junkie wasn't the only victim. Looks like "The Taint" (which was part of the same family) was also taken down

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    Its funny to me that all of a sudden they 'took it too far' in the eyes of the copyright owners after THOUSANDS of albums/movies were shared right there in public

Its funny to me that all of a sudden they 'took it too far' in the eyes of the copyright owners after THOUSANDS of albums/movies were shared right there in public

Well, the thing is - the wheels of enforcement turn reaaaaallly slow.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    www.tha-industry.net was the board where all these blogs were getting their material. It seems to be down too.

• Ugh... how about the rest of us sharing weird/obscure vinyl rips? I get 100-120 visitors a day, you think I should be worried??

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    I don't think you have much to be worried about. These guys were sharing review copies of major label[/b] albums yet to be released and surely received thousands of hits a day. Besides, I wouldn't be surprised if they received at least one cease-and-desist notice before they were shut down.