Bilal on Giles Peterson (link)

TheBeatGoesTheBeatGoes 711 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
check this out:http://www.zshare.net/audio/08-bilal-on-giles-peterson-mp3.html 23min 18mb (mono for file size)I recently dug out the promo CD of selected Bilal instrumentals and I never noticed that the last track is an interview/performance on Giles Petersons show sometime before his "first born second" album came out, around 2000 or 2001.i've never heard his speaking voice before, sounds kinda goofy and he has a crazy laugh. i can't tell if he's high out of his mind or he just has a weird voice. after talking for a little he does a version of "soul sister" with 2 other musicians. the bass player sounds like he's out of time or in the wrong key or something but Bilal just makes his voice super intense to save the performance. it sounds like the song is on the verge of falling apart and he just saves it with his voice you have to listen. later they do a really good version of "sometimes" bilal starts with just his voice and finger snaps so that bass player can come in on time.last i read his 2nd album was rumored to be shelved, that's too bad

Comments

• 31 view/15 downloads...no comments?

• dude is weird but crazy talented. I'm afraid he's got a little bit of a problem with either booze or someting else.

madlib's remix of soul sista is real dope and so is his version of high and dry

there you go....

• reskresk 391 Posts
    last i read his 2nd album was rumored to be shelved, that's too bad

didnt dilla say he produced half the album, and dre did the other half? wow man thats a damn shame its been shelved. im looking foward to a new bilal album

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    I heard he has a big problem with the powder.
    Ditto R*y Harg*ove.
    Allegedly.

Shame as both are obviously very talented. But it's same old story.