Semester/Quarter-Strut (Academic Strut Related)

GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
edited December 2006 in Strut Central
I just wanted to say good luck to my fellow students who are undergoing the arduous task of cramming endless amounts of information into their heads. And I want to thank the academic staff (motown, 'Dub, and Stacks) for attempting to make sense of our papers and tests. Good luck to all of you. PS What's everyone's schedule like this week? I got one a day until Thursday.

Comments

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Finished last week (UCSC is a week ahead). Killed it on my linguistics final, get grades on Wednesday. Good luck to everyone.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    Midterms at my school aren't until the middle of January. Instead I have essays coming tomorrow and a History and English essay test on Thursday for my 9th graders.

• pjl2000xlpjl2000xl 1,795 Posts
    my shit is pretty light. I was supposed to have one this morning but i rescheduled it because i wasn't ready for it. Its for electronics and i have to study a lot of formulas and equations for it, which im terrible at. This weekend I was mad busy with djing and recording so i would have bombed it miserably if i took it today. I have one tomorrow, but it should be a breeze. Basic audio engineering. Hope everyone does real well on their exams. is

• I wrote my last paper last night and will present it tonight. graduation is on Thursday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its kind of surreal. Good luck to eveyone on there exams/papers.

• Yeah I just love the idea of no students around campus next week, then I'm off the next week, then I come back on the 2nd and there will hardly be any students here that week, then things pick up again.

Working at a college and not having ever gone to college is some shit. Kinda weird sometimes. But I dig it.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    I just wanted to say good luck to my fellow students who are undergoing the arduous task of cramming endless amounts of information into their heads. And I want to thank the academic staff (motown, 'Dub, and Stacks) for attempting to make sense of our papers and tests.

The realest shit you ever wrote (in the last hour).

I'm currently sitting at a cafe, trying to go through student assignments. Luckily (or unluckily) that other thread is providing a welcome distraction.

• i need to write paper on a syphony performance tonight.

damn.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    24 page paper on Corporeal paradigm that I finished last Friday is due tomorrow. 15-20 page paper on the unmediated body of sound that precedes the phenomenological event of hearing is due Friday (haven't really started). Sound project that goes with the paper also due on Friday. Revision of a review of the Steve Reich performance at BAM's Next Wave Festival due next Monday.

Grad school is better because there's no test. The killer though is that I'm busy applying to PhD's right now too, so I'm totally overbooked. And I work. And I have a performance tomorrow night. It's cool though, cause this is how shit get's done.

Good luck to everyone.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    i walk the line this thursday nite for my master's graduation!

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    ip today, admin tomorrow, commercial on wednesday, evidence on friday--good times!

PS commercial law is soul destroying

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts
    commercial law is soul destroying

ive hurd nothing but horrible things about that. FYI to the mac heads. found this great flashcard program that is worth $15 you throw at it:

http://loopware.com/iflash/

so incredibly worth it. can study on your mac, or you can print em out on an 8 x 12 sheet and do some folding and cutting. best part is, if you buy, there is a database of other peoples flash cards. last i checked there was one for the NY BAR. this shit has saved me for me recent returns to academia.

exams next week: chem, bio, chem lab.

hours studied: 0

need to get off my ass.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    commercial law is soul destroying

ive hurd nothing but horrible things about that. FYI to the mac heads. found this great flashcard program that is worth $15 you throw at it:

http://loopware.com/iflash/

so incredibly worth it. can study on your mac, or you can print em out on an 8 x 12 sheet and do some folding and cutting. best part is, if you buy, there is a database of other peoples flash cards. last i checked there was one for the NY BAR. this shit has saved me for me recent returns to academia.

exams next week: chem, bio, chem lab.

hours studied: 0

need to get off my ass.

This is fucking dope. I wish I knew about this months ago. But now, that's alright. This is especially useful with powerpoint presentations that have graphics in them, you can pull the graphic right of the PP and put it on the card. Dope. Thanks dude.

PS Danno, my wife just left to take her criminal procedure final. Seriously, WTF is wrong with you law students. That stuff is pure torture in my mind. Better you than me, I guess.

• I AM NOW AN OFFICIAL COLLEGE GRADUATE, TIME TO GET SOME COKE AND STRIPPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• bthavbthav 1,538 Posts

This is fucking dope. I wish I knew about this months ago. But now, that's alright. This is especially useful with powerpoint presentations that have graphics in them, you can pull the graphic right of the PP and put it on the card. Dope. Thanks dude.

sorry dude.. i was gonna post about this when i found it (i was trippin for days) but it is UBERdork central. i told my girl and she laughed at me for weeks about how i was.

totaly do the same thing with the powerpoints. Some of my lecture notes are in pdfs, so i just do screen shots for images. so many molec bio structures are on those things.

gluck studystruters

• Peace to everyone getting their learn on.

I had my Graphic Novel final this afternoon and think I did well. I have my African American Lit final tomorrow and my Survey of British Lit final next Monday, which I'm absolutely dreading.

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    1)15 - 20 page essay for classical sociological theory due this friday.
    2)15 page statistical paper / project due this friday
    3)20 page term paper in advanced sociological theory due on x-mas

oh, to be a student again.

the dangling carrot is: as soon as i'm down, i get in the car and hit the road for two+ weeks back down south.... to visit friends and follow up with some ye olde record leads.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

I'm just about finished grading course projects (early tomorrow). Then, I have to (1) write my two finals, (2) work on an article revision for the Journal of Applied Psychology, (3) review an article for Human Relations journal (due December 20th), (4) revise a couple of papers after brutal informal peer reviews to (5) prepare my presentation for Vanderbilt (by January 3rd). Ahhhhh, it's the academic life...can't stop, won't stop. Best of luck on those finals/projects, 'Strutters.

By the way Aleit, who are you studying for your sociology paper? I was a sociology minor as an undergraduate. I loved that subject, great and interesting research!!!! I utilize a lot of sociology theory and research in my own research work.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• I got one a day until Thursday.

all work no sleep.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    one down, two to go. one semester left.

i need a job...

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    I had my Graphic Novel final this afternoon

care to explain that, that sounds way cool, was it a Neil Gaiman type thing?

• -