DUDES DID WE JUST GET VIRGINIA?

CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
What is happening?

Comments

• spivyspivy 866 Posts
    WOW!

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    hey, this is like 2004 all over again! I mean, us hanging out here, not as depressing though.

Hi C*smo!

yes, we got Va, but Tenn has gone red

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    hey, this is like 2004 all over again! I mean, us hanging out here, not as depressing though.

Hi C*smo!

Not suprising. Redneck fuckers!!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• "What do we do now?"

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    It's a 2300 vote difference, but with 33,000 UNCOUNTED VOTES IN FARIFAX COUNTY, which is the suburb of Washington DC which is expected to go to Webb.

Not holding breath but I got a good feeling about this one.

• hey, this is like 2004 all over again! I mean, us hanging out here, not as depressing though.

Hi C*smo!

yeah, maybe the first black senator in tennessee since reconstruction was a little too much to ask.

but IS VIRGINIA REALLY OFFICIAL??????? cause thats huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge
    go fatback baby!!!!!!

• we gotta keep eyes on missouri and montana....still a chance

• It's a 2300 vote difference, but with 33,000 UNCOUNTED VOTES IN FARIFAX COUNTY, which is the suburb of Washington DC which is expected to go to Webb.

Not holding breath but I got a good feeling about this one.

• dang, they counting votes kindof carefully....i gotta work tomorrow
    might have to sleep on it

i think mcCaskill could probably beat talent in a fight...so why not a senate race?

• this is insane. allen is bitchmade! cannot believe the senate is within reach. nailsbebitten

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    this is insane. allen is bitchmade! cannot believe the senate is within reach. nailsbebitten

To say the LEAST my man. Lord have mercy.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Yep!!!

Virginia
    Candidate Vote Total Vote %
    Jim Webb 1167694 50%
    George Allen (i) 1155950 49%
    Glenda Parker, IG 25901 1%

l00% of precinct reporting (from AOL).

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Visit here: http://www.dailypress.com/

Check out the county map.

Thank god for urban centers?

Visit here: http://www.dailypress.com/

Check out the county map.

Thank god for urban centers?

Yo O-Dub,

You gotta love rural America!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    I been up all night. Allen HQ is up the street. We went right into the belly of the beast last night. I could smell the fear.

Webb just announced victory.

He's calling Allen, but bitch is gonna bluff and ask for recount even though he ain't holdin shit.

You people got your anti-gay law, now let the grown folks step up and govern.

b/w

Montana's about to go down.

• I couldn't believe the map this morning.

I said to my wife, "I think we'll squeak by on our butt hairs."

Her response, "well it's our turn to squeak by on our butt hairs."

• Hey! What's that ya say?
    It's a new day!

• You people got your anti-gay law,

This makes me sad. What a bunch of shit heads in this state. Just to see such a bigoted law on the ballot when I voted was insulting.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

You people got your anti-gay law,

This makes me sad. What a bunch of shit heads in this state. Just to see such a bigoted law on the ballot when I voted was insulting.

that shit is passing everywhere, it's crazy. somehow its got a chance of not passing in arizona, but it looks like its really close.

in tennesse and south carolina it passed by a HUUUUUGE margin. i just don't understand it.

• it appears that the anti-gay measure will fail in arizona by about 30,000 votes.

It will be the *first* anti-gay measure to fail, ever.

Put THAT in your pipe and smoke it.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts

You people got your anti-gay law,

People seem to need someone they can marginalize by law.

The sad part is that VA's amendment really goes hard and effectively rolls civil unions into the whole outlaw scheme too(VA headz, please correct me if I have that wrong)! I really doubt that a good portion of the chuckleheads OKing that amendment would have done so if that fact had been made clearer. Folks also don't give a shit about fine print. And it's the fine print that fucks ya.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    it appears that the anti-gay measure will fail in arizona by about 30,000 votes.

It will be the *first* anti-gay measure to fail, ever.

This is important but I think it's worth noting that, in AZ at least, it may have been the case that the fact that the measure would have also banned civil unions was a reason voters turned against it. Then again, in states like Colorado and Wisconsin, the measures there specifically also targeted any civil unions that resembled marriage and they passed there.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    While I'm glad that so many here consider the Repubs to be THEM, I find it really sad to see so many here consider the Dems as WE.

• Fatback, I keep hearing 'recount,' and too close to call...what is the word on the streets down there? you seem to be connected...

Btw, this sentence is perfect:

You people got your anti-gay law, now let the grown folks step up and govern.

• The sad part is that VA's amendment really goes hard and effectively rolls civil unions into the whole outlaw scheme too(VA headz, please correct me if I have that wrong)! I really doubt that a good portion of the chuckleheads OKing that amendment would have done so if that fact had been made clearer. Folks also don't give a shit about fine print. And it's the fine print that fucks ya.

Actually, state statutes have already outlawed civil unions from what I understand.

From a good WP opinion piece about the unintended consequences of the amendment (also appeared in Slate):

"The voters of Virginia have already made their feelings about same-sex marriage clear: State statutes prohibit civil unions and marriages between same-sex couples. Virginia law also nullifies civil unions solemnized in any other state. So, having blocked every last road that would recognize a same-sex marriage, civil union, out-of-state or Canadian gay marriage in Virginia, the state's cynical legislators have gone one step further: They propose doing away with adoption laws, custody arrangements, medical directives and domestic violence statutes used by heterosexuals and gays to protect their children and property."

• AP just reported Tester the winner in Montana.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    MONTANA.

• Fatback, I keep hearing 'recount,' and too close to call...

A recounts is gonna happen. The difference is 0.3% now, and I can't see it widening too much. No more than 1% anyway. It'll be a little while till we find out the result...

From WP

"Under Virginia law, a margin of less than a half-percent can trigger a recount which the state pays for. A losing candidate can also request -- and pay for -- a recount if the margin is less than 1 percent. As of early Wednesday, the state-financed recount seemed all but certain."

• MONTANA.

Called by CNN.

Give the people what they want!

• yeah, maybe the first black senator in tennessee since reconstruction was a little too much to ask.

yeah man - it was too big a hurdle to ovedrcome. Ford won most of the counties where there's colleges, but elsewhere there was really no chance. It's amazing he lost only by about 50,000 votes though the real sad thing about it is if Ford had won, he'd still against gay marriages & for gun control.