YOU FUCKING ROBOTS

Comments

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    or that Trae comes up to NYC and does a show in front of an excited crowd of kooks...

HC-Tell Trae that the next time he brings the Real Talk to New York that he might want to get a CD of his own instrumentals rather than just rocking over his commercially available album. His recorded voice has much more bass.

See, I knew y'all didn't get the really real, for when I've seen Trae do shows down here he hasn't used any backing vocals whatsoever.

This is hilarious. I can't even tell when you're joking.

So Trae made a conscious decision to slight the NY crowd because he--like you--feels that they do not matter?

I dunno, ask Trae on Ro's cell next time the two of you are rolling around Mo City smoking fry.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Taking this back a bit to the OG point: I'm listening to the mix-CD right now and while it's not the most scintillating shit I've ever heard (from Primo or otherwise), it's actually not too bad. Good song selection, a lil scratching/cutting sprinkled in.

But I do find it ironic that this set was originally recorded (I think) for Sirius radio. So...you're dissing technological advances on one hand but then are benefiting from satellite radio?

Real Schitt Headz keep it terrestial.

• Schitt Headz

graemlin?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    or that Trae comes up to NYC and does a show in front of an excited crowd of kooks...

HC-Tell Trae that the next time he brings the Real Talk to New York that he might want to get a CD of his own instrumentals rather than just rocking over his commercially available album. His recorded voice has much more bass.

See, I knew y'all didn't get the really real, for when I've seen Trae do shows down here he hasn't used any backing vocals whatsoever.

This is hilarious. I can't even tell when you're joking.

So Trae made a conscious decision to slight the NY crowd because he--like you--feels that they do not matter?

I dunno, ask Trae on Ro's cell next time the two of you are rolling around Mo City smoking fry.

-------------

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    You are talking about shit you know nothing about, as usual. Answer the question, when was the last time you were in New York? What do you know about my scene?

I've never been to New York. I will never come to New York. You couldn't pay me all of the money on the world to come to New York.

How can you speak of real schitt if you never visited NYC? That place birthed you & you don't even have the sense to pay respects.

• some serious inflamation over here. guess it's fitting for a thread that started over primo's frustration.

I don't think anyone could argue that it's more dificult to use the new technology, but why hate on a new generation unless you yourself feel threatened by it? primo has been lifting crates his whole life, so he wants to feel like his ruptured spinal disk was worth it. it was. we all know that.

but now that there's an easier method, he should just realize that people will push it even further and be proud to hold his place in the lineage. he must know that there's no end to innovation. it's not like cats are gonna stop pushing eachother to the next limit. they already are, and that's probably why he's pissed.

the thing that scares me about the new wave is not that it's killing talent, but that because doods keep pushing things, it's harder for audiences to have any kind of attention span. with the vastness of this new ish, most people are gonna be ready for the next song after they heard the hook once. they're gonna be ready for the next genre after 3 tracks... thats a lot of work. plus, i still like those intense build-ups that take ten minutes sometimes.

also, i don't think digi-jocks can be blamed for the wackness that exists in hip hop right now. no way.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts

I've never been to New York. I will never come to New York. You couldn't pay me all of the money on the world to come to New York.

Can we not pay you all the money in the world to stay out of other cities, too?

I'm kind of scared at the fact that you spent time to edit this in Photoshop.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    hows the new z-ro album?

hows the new z-ro album?

I'm still sitting with Trae's "Restless." Faux is supposed to ask 'Ro to send me a copy of his new CD next time they build.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    This is high comedy.

Dude...

you need medication

This is high comedy.

Dude...

you need medication

You've said this before, yet you're the one who has exhibited bi-polar tendencies by acting like I'm poison on this board only to act like I'm sugar in person.

• This is high comedy.

Dude...

you need medication

You've said this before, yet you're the one who has exhibited bi-polar tendencies by acting like I'm poison on this board only to act like I'm sugar in person.

Shame on you, Cosmo. You're an (almost) married man!

And CaptainPlanet...you're right on point.

Herm

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    this is why i love soulstrut: Harvey... on fire as usual.

um, was i the only one who saw this little gem:

because you don't live in our world

Why will never go to New York?

ok, ill head on back to the bleachers...

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    This is high comedy.

Dude...

you need medication

Do you really think we[/b] are the one's disconnected from reality?

sayin tho.

If you can't see you are out of your mind I don't know what to say.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    I can't beleive I'm only now seeing this thread.

Sayin! Faux and Quo had me literally laughing out loud (something pretty rare on soulstrut these days).

• djsheepdjsheep 3,620 Posts
    I'm browsing soulstrut in Lynx via telnet on my XT with CGA monitor and 5.25" 360kb floppy disk and 20meg hard drive on a 300 baud modem cuz i....

KEEPS IT REAL LIKE THAT.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts

See, I knew y'all didn't get the really real[/b], for when I've seen Trae do shows down here he hasn't used any backing vocals whatsoever.

Can we get a Rumsfeldian definition of realness[/b] please? As in his classic known-unknowns/unknown-unknowns breakdown. All this talk of the real[/b] world and really realness[/b] is confusing, especially as I'm reading this in the unreal[/b] world of the internet wondering if any of this is really really[/b].

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts

If Trae was "Really Real", he'd be from NYC, where rap music began. Otherwise, he might as well be making the UK's Illmatic or something.

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts

If Trae was "Really Real", he'd be from NYC, where rap music began. Otherwise, he might as well be making the UK's Illmatic or something.

I can't really wrap my head around this photo being really real...

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts

So, what are you sayin' now...brothas cain't read?? GTFOOHWTBS!!!

Man, PEACE was here for a show with Tray Loc a couple of weekends back...and y'all think that I'm certifiable.

Was that Mongo who was recounting that story of PEACE swinging barstools and writhing on the floor at a SF club?

Yep...dude definitely needs professional help. And if it ever was...at this point, it's no laughing matter.

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts

Speaking of bi-polar...hi Jason.

• jdeezjdeez 638 Posts
    hi baby.

I'm on those meds I told you about. Package forthcoming.

and btw... bipolar has NOTHING to do with it.

Here's the concept: You are a completely different person in person than online. People react to that. It's not that difficult to grasp.

hi baby.

I'm on those meds I told you about. Package forthcoming.

Dirt weed?

and btw... bipolar has NOTHING to do with it.

Here's the concept: You are a completely different person in person than online. People react to that. It's not that difficult to grasp.

The last 2 times that I've seen you in person...and this actually goes back a while...I refused your hand shake the last time and had to hold myself back from punching your lights out the time before that.

Not sure how that differs from how I treat you on-line.

I do sincerely hope that you are enjoying NYC though...