YOU FUCKING ROBOTS

Comments

• PRIMO IS FROM TEXAS.

Carry on.

• Like I said...Candyland, where obvious pop crossover attempts are cited as the real schitt.

Y'all want to cite Chamillionaire, go ahead and first talk about how Get Ya Mind Correct is a certified classic, or at least friggin listen to it for the first time, before you start throwing his name around as some excuse for your soft batchedness.

Slim Thug too...because I know, Oliver, that you know all of the lyrics to Getchya Hands Up by heart, right? And be honest if on the other hand you don't even know what song I'm talking about.

Wow, a dude with 20 posts flares your hemorrhoids up with the quickness. I'll take you sore-ass as a compliment.

p.s. its just the internet.

• Deep_SangDeep_Sang 1,081 Posts
    I'll take you sore-ass as a compliment.

ummmm...

A-Y-O

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts

Totally random but hey, I just saw that you got profiled in the new Oxford American music issue.

http://www.oxfordamericanmag.com/content.cfm?ArticleID=82&Entry=CurrentIssue

PROPS!

Yeah man I am still not sure if I should be proud of that or embarassed by it.

As for the Primo/Xtina thing: Personally, I don't this is indicative of Primo being all less Real Schitt or not. Personally, I'm glad dude is making some change and his production for her - while not reminiscent of, say , Group Home era greatness - was still likable.

In any case, as I've suggested in the past, the issue isn't whether hip-hop crossed into pop. Pop crossed into hip-hop. So the fact that rappers like Slim Thug or Bun B or Cham record with Beyonce or Ciara - and moreover, sell to millions of people far beyond TX borders reflects the fact that the pop marketplace wants to be down with hip-hop rather than the idea that Real Schitt Rappers are selling out to be down with the pop crowd. Sure, there's compromise on both parts, but for the most part, rappers with the Real Schitt cred AND who can sell records will be sought out by pop/R&B stars. I doubt Cham had to sidle up to Ciara, hat in hand.

You're right.

My point is that whoever is sidling up to who, it's silly to argue that there are still black and white categories anymore.

Hi Dan!

• I'll take you sore-ass as a compliment.

ummmm...

A-Y-O

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    One, how long has it been since Primo actually mattered within the world of rap music?

Two, what's silly is to think that just because you play Trae's Real Talk for a bunch of Becky's or that Trae comes up to NYC and does a show in front of an excited crowd of kooks...that the real schitt down here where he actually comes from doesn't exist anymore to the point of no longer considering it as just that...it's own thing.

Sure, borrow a verse or two...but don't even try to lump us into that lame ass scene of y'all's as if we were any more than temporary guests...because you don't live in our world...we see that you are just using us to make yourself look better in your own world (which can be cool if you drop some change for the favor)...but ultimately despite any collabs, don't even try to define who we are through yourselves...especially if the end result is that hip-hop and pop are now one.

Half of hip-hop still can't even get into pop locales based on racist-derived barriers like dress codes and such...yet y'all want to conclude that we're all one.

Smoke a terd in hell with that bullschitt.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    I have been flown to Texas to DJ 4 times this year. I'll be back in Austin on December 15. When was the last time you were in New York?

Didn't think so. You don't know the first thing about my "scene."

I have been flown to Texas to DJ 4 times this year. When was the last time you were in New York?

Didn't think so.

No, you just didn't think...because that response makes no sense whatsoever.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    You are talking about shit you know nothing about, as usual. Answer the question, when was the last time you were in New York? What do you know about my scene?

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    One, how long has it been since Primo actually mattered within the world of rap music?

Two, what's silly is to think that just because you play Trae's Real Talk for a bunch of Becky's or that Trae comes up to NYC and does a show in front of an excited crowd of kooks...that the real schitt down here where he actually comes from doesn't exist anymore to the point of no longer considering it as just that...it's own thing.

Sure, borrow a verse or two...but don't even try to lump us into that lame ass scene of y'all's as if we were any more than temporary guests...because you don't live in our world...we see that you are just using us to make yourself look better in your own world (which can be cool if you drop some change for the favor)...but ultimately despite any collabs, don't even try to define who we are through yourselves...especially if the end result is that hip-hop and pop are now one.

Half of hip-hop still can't even get into pop locales based on racist-derived barriers like dress codes and such...yet y'all want to conclude that we're all one.

Smoke a terd in hell with that bullschitt.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Dudes, this is Harvey Canal talking. Nobody takes him seriously, in any forum or medium.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    Dudes, this is Harvey Canal talking. Nobody takes him seriously, in any forum or medium.

Bite your tongue--he is one of the most seriously accomplished performance artists of our generation!

I like how all his posts in this thread are in the first person plural--the ghetto spokesman.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    I honestly can't believe dudes are still doing REAL SHIT VS POP in 2006.
    Go back to dissing Hammer on 3rd bass records, herbs.

"A special shout out to my man MC Hammer; A lot of people diss you man, but they just jealous. Fuck em!"

• I am concern that our Winston Churchill style of dress is going
    to jeopardize our seat on the mothership.

Would it help to report that we have been describe as looking
    like "a young Orson Welles".

SELF-DESTRUCTION, WE'RE HEADED FOR SELF-DESTRUCTION

Funky-fresh dressed to impress ready to pawty

I NEVER RAN FROM THE KLU KLUX KLAN AND I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO RUN

FROM A BLACK MAN!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Bite your tongue--he is one of the most seriously accomplished performance artists of our generation!

I like how all his posts in this thread are in the first person plural--the ghetto spokesman.

You are talking about shit you know nothing about, as usual. Answer the question, when was the last time you were in New York? What do you know about my scene?

I've never been to New York. I will never come to New York. You couldn't pay me all of the money on the world to come to New York.

But yeah, Sabbath in the Park looked like quite a smashing success.

But Ayres, I'm not really trying to dis every fabric of your being. I know you spin for real crowds at times. And I imagine that you do a pretty good job of it. I just don't like you pushing the idea that hip-hop and pop are interchangeable.

You should stick with that train of thought instead of trying to turn it into a pissing contest.

Yet you yourself thanked me both times that I've written about The Rub in the paper.

And you were all smiles and handshakes when I was one of 7 people to attend your SXSW showcase.

Who said anything about the "ghetto"?

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    plz explain the diff between a 'real' and 'non-real' crowd. Non-real crowd = women (affectionately called "beckys")?

• mordecaimordecai 2,204 Posts

plz explain the diff between a 'real' and 'non-real' crowd. Non-real crowd = women (affectionately called "beckys")?

Real = wanting to hear the real schitt instead of watered-down bullschitt.

versus

Non-real = wanting to hear watered down bullschitt instead of the real schitt.

And since you want to take it there...having a few white girls in your real schitt crowd is no problem. But having so many white girls in your crowd that they hold a monopoly on what's being played is some wack schitt.

And dude (you are a dude, aren't you?), I loved Hammer's first album.

I've never been to New York. I will never come to New York. You couldn't pay me all of the money on the world to come to New York.

How quaintly provincial.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    I can't beleive I'm only now seeing this thread.

usually people reach a peak and then fizzle out, but Harvey always seems to push that bar of whatthefuckosity to the next level.

Faux, I'm not sure you should be dismissing Harvey as the ghetto spokesman. Whiteboy accountants in their mid-thrities have the subject of struggle in the inner city for decades. It's cause of people like you that people like him can't get the respect they deserve in places like NYC.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

Real = wanting to hear the real schitt instead of watered-down bullschitt.

versus

Non-real = wanting to hear watered down bullschitt instead of the real schitt.
    Hold on dude. Yr defining 'good music' and 'bad music' by the crowds that listen to it, then defining 'good crowds' and 'bad crowds' by what music they listen to.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts

Then you don't know anything about it. Full stop. I'm not Matt Sonzala and I'm not Roxy. If you haven't been to The Rub at Southpaw in Brooklyn then you don't know anything about my scene.

But yeah, Sabbath in the Park looked like quite a smashing success.

SABBATH IN THE PARK was a smashing success. A bunch of friends listened to Black Sabbath in the park and drank mad beer. Mission accomplished.

But Ayres, I'm not really trying to dis every fabric of your being. I know you spin for real crowds at times. And I imagine that you do a pretty good job of it. I just don't like you pushing the idea that hip-hop and pop are interchangeable.

I am not saying they are interchangeable, I am saying they are not mutually exclusive. I'm happy to talk about it. I didn't turn this into a thread about me, or about Texas rap. Let's talk about Primo instead of saying "Primo's not relevant anymore, the real schitt is Trae now so we have to talk about him."

You should stick with that train of thought instead of trying to turn it into a pissing contest.

And yet in the same breath you say this to Cosmo:

And you were all smiles and handshakes when I was one of 7 people to attend your SXSW showcase.

Nice.

• or that Trae comes up to NYC and does a show in front of an excited crowd of kooks...

HC-Tell Trae that the next time he brings the Real Talk to New York that he might want to get a CD of his own instrumentals rather than just rocking over his commercially available album. His recorded voice has much more bass.

Yet you yourself thanked me both times that I've written about The Rub in the paper.

How long before we are treated to Archaic angrily sharing that he "paid to see Cosmo play"?

or that Trae comes up to NYC and does a show in front of an excited crowd of kooks...

HC-Tell Trae that the next time he brings the Real Talk to New York that he might want to get a CD of his own instrumentals rather than just rocking over his commercially available album. His recorded voice has much more bass.

See, I knew y'all didn't get the really real, for when I've seen Trae do shows down here he hasn't used any backing vocals whatsoever.

How long before we are treated to Archaic angrily sharing that he "paid to see Cosmo play"?

I didn't pay.

or that Trae comes up to NYC and does a show in front of an excited crowd of kooks...

See, I knew y'all didn't get the really real, for when I've seen Trae do shows down here he hasn't used any backing vocals whatsoever.

This is hilarious. I can't even tell when you're joking.

So Trae made a conscious decision to slight the NY crowd because he--like you--feels that they do not matter?