sellers only shipping inside the us?

doomdoom 305 Posts
edited November 2006 in Strut Central
whats the deal with these guys? recently won a record for about 1/10th of its market value. stated in the description that he only sells inside the us, but what kinda retarded policy is this? ive never encounterd one seller that didnt want to sell the item to me even tho they also said they only shipped inside the us. until this guy. so whats the deal.. its not like you have to travel the earth and deliver the record yourself. still the same post office? can i somehow try to enforce this guy to sell it to me through ebay?

Comments

• HamHam 872 Posts
    tempt him with more money.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    whats the deal with these guys? recently won a record for about 1/10th of its market value. stated in the description that he only sells inside the us[/b], but what kinda retarded policy is this? ive never encounterd one seller that didnt want to sell the item to me even tho they also said they only shipped inside the us. until this guy.

so whats the deal.. its not like you have to travel the earth and deliver the record yourself. still the same post office?

can i somehow try to enforce this guy to sell it to me through ebay?

With all due respect, he could have all the retarded reasons in the world for his policy, but he clearly stated it on the listing. Enforce the guy to sell the record to you? WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG IN THIS WORLD?

• RIF right? if he listed it as only being sold in the US, big deal, as B.Brown put it... Its his prerogative.

• doomdoom 305 Posts
    whats the deal with these guys? recently won a record for about 1/10th of its market value. stated in the description that he only sells inside the us[/b], but what kinda retarded policy is this? ive never encounterd one seller that didnt want to sell the item to me even tho they also said they only shipped inside the us. until this guy.

so whats the deal.. its not like you have to travel the earth and deliver the record yourself. still the same post office?

With all due respect, he could have all the retarded reasons in the world for his policy, but he clearly stated it on the listing. Enforce the guy to sell the record to you? WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG IN THIS WORLD?

enforce was probably the wrong word. more like convince! i sent him a friendly mail.. he'll hopefully budge.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Doom,

I hate to break this to you but shipping overseas is a PAIN IN THE ASS. It takes at least 4-5 times as much effort b/c of all the paperwork you have to sign. Personally, I'd still sell overseas if it meant more $$$ but I think a "US only" policy is completely reasonable given that a lot of small time sellers don't want the hassle of having to fill out a fucking customs form just to mail a .5 lb record.

What I think is weird is I saw a seller in Japan who will not sell to people in Japan. WTF is up with that?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    whats the deal with these guys? recently won a record for about 1/10th of its market value. stated in the description that he only sells inside the us, but what kinda retarded policy is this? ive never encounterd one seller that didnt want to sell the item to me even tho they also said they only shipped inside the us. until this guy.

People who only ship within the US are usually not experienced in shipping and grading records. They are twats who clean out their attic or deal in antiques.

You probably won the record for 1/10th of the value because there was no "foreign" competion. Forgeign competition is what drives up the prices of records in the first place and why it would be idiotic for any seller not to spend 10 seconds to fill out a customs form. I personally only fill out the green portion of the customs form. The clerks at the post office never ask for the more time consuming white part where you have to fill out the addresses.

• Just get him to mail the record to someone you know in the US.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I am going to take this to the next level and start denying shipping to new random states with each auction.

THIS AUCTION I WILL NOT BE SHIPPING TO DELAWARE, MONTANA, AND WYOMING PLAESE TO NOT ASK!

• salviasalvia 279 Posts
    Yeah, most of the time they will send it outside the US if you ask nicely (don't enforce anyone lol).

• it may be a Paypal chargeback issue too...but like Raj said I can't imagine selling records and excluding overseas bidders, that's where like 85% of my business goes!

• buttonbutton 1,475 Posts

FUnny you should mention that. We were having trouble with the last auction we ran at my shop. For some reason the ebay site wouldn't give us any other option to pick, so we had to state in the description the we ship world wide. Maybe it was a temporary glitch in their system.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    it may be a Paypal chargeback issue too...

As far as I know addresses outside the US can't be confirmed, leaving us WIDE OPEN for chargebacks...

• Doom,

I hate to break this to you but shipping overseas is a PAIN IN THE ASS. It takes at least 4-5 times as much effort b/c of all the paperwork you have to sign. Personally, I'd still sell overseas if it meant more $$$ but I think a "US only" policy is completely reasonable given that a lot of small time sellers don't want the hassle of having to fill out a fucking customs form just to mail a .5 lb record.

What I think is weird is I saw a seller in Japan who will not sell to people in Japan. WTF is up with that?

i simply (on paper) print the persons addy nig and then small again, cut those pieces of paper out and stick one on the package and one on the customes form, big deal, easy and WELL WORTH IT.